Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B116 - Emergency Gaza Bill

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Point 5 is a little much really. But I agree with all of it, in principle.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think, even if you support the idea of the bill, anyone who votes aye given .4 and .5 needs to go back to ask the services where the spare 20,000 people will come from (they're not just lounging around the barracks, bored), and ask the taxpayers where the money for the apparently blank cheque we're writing the Palestinians will come from.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I completely oppose the entire contents of this bill, and condemn it as ludicrous and preposterous.

1. I support Israel's right to self defence, and to protect it's people. I oppose their use of white phosphorous in areas where civilians live.

2. See point 1. I oppose Hamas' firing rockets at Israel, and support Israel's right once again to take whatever action necessary in order to control this threat.

3. A ludicrous suggestion given the unstable region, Israel being an ally with a substantial military force, and the looming possibility of a Nuclear armed Iran.

4. Currently the EU recognise Hamas as a terrorist organisation, and the UK foreign office do not recognise Hamas as a legal government, correct me if I'm wrong. You suggest we commit 20,000 troops - almost 20% of our entire full time army - to support a terrorist organisation?

5. War with Israel in their own backyard?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm suspending this bill for the duration of the ceasefire.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I am suspending this bill for the duration of the ceasefire, in accordance with the wishes of the Rt Honourable member who submitted it :dry:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    No, I am suspending this bill for the duration of the ceasefire, in accordance with the wishes of the Rt Honourable member who submitted it :dry:
    Yeah, but first you're gonna pour me a pint.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grape190190)
    Yeah, but first you're gonna pour me a pint.
    *pours pint on floor*

*closes thread*

*has last laugh*
Updated: January 18, 2009
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.