The Student Room Group

Getting in Early

So a new H&M is opening in my area and I really want a job there, the problem being it doesn't open to May. No-one else really knows about it so I want to get there before everybody else does.

I've been on the website and I think they're in the process of hiring senior staff, etc. but there are no sales assistants job openings.

There's another H&m in my area, should I just give in a CV there and ask them to forward it to the new store or should I just wait till the position comes up online?

Also, what is H&Ms appearance policy - are they ok with extreme hairstyles, piercings, etc.
Reply 1
I'd say go into your local H&M and ask if they're forwarding CVs on to the new store... also keep checking on the website, obviously... maybe even ring up their HR and ask?
As for appearance, I couldn't say but I reckon they wouldn't be too strict, as long as it wasn't too extreme.
Reply 2
LizzieF
So a new H&M is opening in my area and I really want a job there, the problem being it doesn't open to May. No-one else really knows about it so I want to get there before everybody else does.

I've been on the website and I think they're in the process of hiring senior staff, etc. but there are no sales assistants job openings.

There's another H&m in my area, should I just give in a CV there and ask them to forward it to the new store or should I just wait till the position comes up online?

Also, what is H&Ms appearance policy - are they ok with extreme hairstyles, piercings, etc.

When they open new stores they try to avoid having all new staff starting as that would just be chaos so they try and recuit internally from the local stores for the first couple of months, so why don't you try to get a job with the H&M in your town at the moment in view of a transfer to the new store?
Reply 3
When H&M recruit for opening they send all their staff away for full time training, which could be awkward. I work at the Blackpool store, it opened in August, and they advertised for sales associates about June. A week after opening, they advertised again, which is when I applied, and got the job.

They like unique, and extreme, as long as its not freaky!

Latest

Trending

Trending