The Student Room Group

MY new £200 Pen

First off, this is NOT a normal digital pen before anyone says they can be had for a lot less.

Some may think I'm mad, but I was reading the Times the other day and this caught my eye I immediately wanted one:

YouTube - Livescribe demos new smartpen

I couldn't find it anywhere! Turns out it is US only, so I finally sourced a UK distributor with a few in stock so ordered one at a cost of £190-ish.

Why do I want it? Doing Law at Uni and I'm currently using a dictaphone and normal pen and paper at the minute so hopefully this should be a lot better.

Watch the whole video (its not just a pen that digitizes text, much more) it is amazing, I think anyway!

It also does calculations so if you write 2x6, 1(1-9) or 1+2 or something on a page it'll do them for you on the pen. Does factors etc as well (Don't know exact term, I hate maths)

Thoughts? :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

That translation tool is pretty brilliant!
Reply 2
Yeah, saw this on that gadgets programme on five last year. Looks pretty cool, but I'd never pay £200 for it.
Reply 3
i LIIIIIIKKKKE
That is mental.

Just. Wow.

Not sure if I would use one, but it is seriously cool.
This is a somewhat cheaper version that my friend uses - she does law and apparently it's a godsend for note-taking, it turns it into word documents:

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/zpen/index.html
Reply 6
Just don't go losing it. :p:
Reply 7
i want!!
Reply 8
lol looks cool.
Reply 9
That is sooo useful for lectures! wow :smile:
Read The Times article too and was in awe, but like some have said, don't think I would pay that much for one.
And there was me expecting it to be covered in Swarovski crystals.

Incidentally, I'd rather just buy the software that converts documents to Word text, and scan my notes in. Cheaper.
£200! :eek: in a few years you'll find it in a pound shop, and there'll soon be a pen where you go back in time.

also, you are now more prone to being robbed now - don't go showing it off
actually tbh that is WICKED!!!!!!!!!!! i want one. wanna swap OP with my biro? :o:
Initially I thought this was another silly TSR thread about a silly pen which is going to be useless.

However, it's an amazing device. A little bulky, but very impressive.
Reply 15
That's pretty good! Especially for lectures, might motivate me into making more notes......maybe
Wow, I want.
Really, really want.

I got given a 100 pound silver pen once, but I broke it :frown:
How much are the cartridges?
Reply 17
Do you have to use the special paper for it to work?
I want. Now.

Overpriced cool pens for the win.
Reply 19
I don't rate it much. It is obviously a very clever tool but I don't really see it as useful other than the recording thing.

Plus, it is ridiculously bulky for a pen. If I am paying £200, just give be a regular pen just uber-sleek and with diamonds plz.

Latest

Trending

Trending