The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I like it.
Dunno why. Hard to say really.
I like the fact of closing on on someone, the hunt, finding the things I want is enjoyable and gives me a thrill.
I also like the fact I can prevent things as well as catch people.
I do Computer/Digital forensics :h:
Reply 2
kerry_452
to anyone who loves forensic's - a simple question, why ?
-k-

No 2 cases are the same. And particularly for me and Terryw, it's a field that will constantly be changing. DNA is DNA. That isn't going to change. Computer forensics however, will be changing forever - and that's something I really like. Knowing that I'll never know the job inside out, is a very exciting prospect.
Reply 3
I study it... i guess i have to love it.
Reply 4
I'm doing a study report on the popularity of studying forensic science since the rise in popularity of crime/forensic based tv shows and books etc. Does anyone on this board believe this media has influenced their decision to study forensics, if so why and if not, what did inspire you to choose this, somewhat macabe occupation?

Any (serious) responses welcome and will greatly aid my research.
Thank you.
Reply 5
well most people believe that media is the answer, i think that is complete ********. never really watched tv surrounding forensics before i started by degree.

people are completely clueless as to why individuals start the degree, so really annoys me when people just put it down to tv programes, so your question is very subjective :smile:. but i feel its definately down to people you know.. for instance my next door neighbour runs a company called forensic pathways. which is where my interest began at work experience :smile:
Reply 6
julia_angel
I'm doing a study report on the popularity of studying forensic science since the rise in popularity of crime/forensic based tv shows and books etc. Does anyone on this board believe this media has influenced their decision to study forensics, if so why and if not, what did inspire you to choose this, somewhat macabe occupation?

Any (serious) responses welcome and will greatly aid my research.
Thank you.

I think TV shows like CSI glamourise forensic science. They portray an unrealistic, "sexed up" image of the field, that is attractive to young people, curious about a career in forensics.

I can't really speak for the blood and gore forensics people, but the level of realism in these programmes as far as Computer Forensics goes is laughable and it's rarely featured. The media didn't influence my interest in this field one iota, if I'm honest. I'm in it because I don't want a career where I'll stagnate and "100% learn the job", not because I want some cool sunglasses, ginger hair and a gun.

I personally treat crime dramas as nothing more than entertainment; I recognise that it's not a realistic portrayal of real-life forensics.

Latest

Trending

Trending