The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A reasonable opinion to have.

However, the way you have written it makes you seem like a bit of a ******.

The regular English language is fine! Stop trying to underline your point of US POOR PEOPLE CAN USE BIG WORDS TOO SEE WE ARE NOT STUPID YEAH (we get it, really) and rewrite it in an easier-to-read way. At least if you want to be taken seriously.
Reply 21
i have friends who are gypsys and they are some of the nicest peopel ive ever met!

im not saying ALL gypsys are nice people, but you cant judge a book by its cover.
Reply 22
A Chav becomes a chav through their attitude - the lack of respect for life in general.
I agree, I hate when people on here just throw around the word "chav" as some derogatory term for the lower class.
Elementric
The hatred towards you shows how much of a gypsy scumbag you are, not the "hatred of today's poor".

Excuse me. :mad: :mad: :mad: You are hardly portraying yourself in a good light either with that comment.
Reply 25
Not everyone associates 'poor' with 'chav'.
And while I essentially agree with you, it is wrong to look down on people because they live on a council estate or whatever, it also annoys me when people have stereotypes of 'middle class' people as, well, basically what you've said. If you're lecturing people about stereotyping, make sure you don't stereotype them yourself.
Reply 26
ross1988
i have friends who are gypsys and they are some of the nicest peopel ive ever met!

im not saying ALL gypsys are nice people, but you cant judge a book by its cover.

Gypsies are just another perscuted group that are despised by middle-class bigots.

You speak the truth!
Reply 27
Love poor people!!! Elitists.......
i would argue chavs ARE scum, but they are not the working class, who are entirely separate from the bottom feeding benifit abusing ******* who inhabit the council estates!!!

(and i do come from a poor background :biggrin:)
Hilarity and blatant hypocrisy. OP, your hatred for the middle class, presuming you aren't a troll, is unparalleled.
Reply 30
And the fact that I was called a gypsy prick actually emphasises this middle-class bigotry, and how their hatred of the poor is alive and well.
I've never sneered at the poor but i do sneer at chavs but thats because of their behaviour
Good on you. I think the answer to your question is that TSR is full of Oxbridge wannabes and the Oxbridge demographic isn't exactly representative of society as a whole.

You'll never kill ignorance, especially online where anyone can pretend to be anyone else, and so isn't subject to peer pressure.

Not a bad try though. Someone needs to make a stand for all of those in society who aren't born into quite the same opportunities, or in some cases, outright luxury, as the more fortunate.

By the way, I'm a Tory and not particularly well-off in any sense. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.
Reply 33
Bagration
Hilarity and blatant hypocrisy. OP, your hatred for the middle class, presuming you aren't a troll, is unparalleled.

Well-noticed.

I loathe them. They are truly repugnant, and I spend every minute despising the scumbags.

And I assure you I'm not a troll.
Reply 34
KentWill
I simply cannot understand why TSR users despise the poor more than any other demographic, and devote so much time to traducing and sneering at them, regularly making japes about ‘paupers’, ‘plebs’ and ‘chavs’, whom you all seem to view as irredeemably contemptible, and as the most revolting, inhuman filth that exists in (or rather stains) this country. This snobbery is quite unnecessary. Scoffing at the weakest and most vulnerable people in society is the behaviour of obnoxious, cowardly bullies who instead of attacking people with any kind of power or wealth (who are in fact far more likely to break the law than poor people, owing to their irrepressible penchant for class A drugs, hunting and the like) to repeatedly attack those who are easy targets, pillorying and chiding us with unsettling enthusiasm. I have grown extremely weary of observing people like myself being demonised by the majority of people on this website, and am appalled at how obsessed today's youth - i.e. the modern day flag wavers of the Tory party - is with asserting their apparent superiority over the poor, and subsequently pursuing the contempt they have developed for us by haughtily deriding the working-classes and ‘the feckless’ and scorning our supposed detrimental effect on their beloved bourgeois.

Far too many young people's outlook on life is defined by identifying and in turn hatefully maligning those whom they consider to be their inferiors, or who affront their intellect, grace or aspirations. Such verminous little Henrys and Henriettas should act with substantially more decency than this, and need to relinquish their egoistic fixation with railing against and distancing themselves from the types of individuals they have decided to be worthy of vituperation and stern rebuke. It is purposeless and indicative of appalling classism for them to staunchly take the opinion that only those with their refinement and social finesse are virtuous, laudable citizens of those country who should be admired by all, and that any persons who are either poor or ‘philistine’ or who do not aspire to a pretentious middle-class lifestyle are heinous, indolent and neanderthal churls who should simply be exterminated for our crassness. This fixation you all have with the notion of your inherent virtue, and your corresponding hatred for those you consider not to be in possession of either this or your bulging bank balances, demonstrates how appallingly class-orientated and concerned with categorising people you are.

You are shallow, judgemental snobs, who should realise you have no legitimate reasons for scorning the poor, and that placing so much of an emphasis on this is disgusting behaviour. It is sickening to observe how consumed by prejudice you have all become, and it is this what makes you haughty middle-class students profoundly more wicked than the most raucous of ‘chavs’ (a term designed to humiliate people who abide in council houses), who despite their sometimes poor fashion sense and occasional graceless do not harbour the malicious, odious thoughts and lust for murder (whether of humans or animals) that you are all in possession of. Loathing people who simply cannot afford to attire themselves in Armani from head to toe constitutes little more than a caustic, bigoted hatred of the poor. I rue how all of you have such irrational hatreds, and lazily pursue your disdain for people such as myself instead of realising who the truly evil members of society are (although most of you are either wealthy or desiring to be so, so I concede that your behaviour isn’t really surprising).

How anyone can prefer the company of self-important, supercilious, right-wing, class-obsessed middle-class Surrey posers than that of a few mischievous but essentially decent ‘chavs’ is beyond me.

Cameron and his disciples are repugnant scum.

P.S. The hatred that will now be thrust at me only proves the youth of today’s hatred of the poor, and arrogant resistance to anyone who questions their vile snobbery and sense of superiority, and thus validates all of what I’ve posted!

I look forward to the ensuing battle. I doubt any of you Ascot-loving Tories will be able to let this go.

*with a humble tear of joy on the cheek* :smile: My faith in TSR has been reinstated! I agree with your post completely, I myself coming from a working-class family (mum is a staff nurse, dad a factory worker) and having occasionally experienced prejudice when people have found out that I am perhaps not quite as high up the economical ladder as they are. This has however never hindered me and I believe that I have enjoyed what some may call an idyllic childhood and hopefully will partake in a future as bright as I believe my past has been. It is appaling to see that a country deemed as civilized as Britain still adhers to this outdated class system that belongs in history and has no place in modern society!

(one thing i have got to state though: where I live 'chavs' are rarely those coming from council-estate housing.... they are generally quite well off to say the list....it's mostly their lifestlye in terms of clothing, habits, etc. that gains them that label - then again in other places things may be different....:smile: anyway...labels of any kind are bad...very bad :biggrin: And to keep the sincerity going.....I don't know what to say about the Tory part...I mean it can be true but there are people who are not quite so well off who do support the Tories due to their policies~I'm one of those people~)

Once again congratulations for speaking out the truth that so many refuse to acknowledge!!!
Reply 35
Reverse snobbery isn't quite as bad as the regular sort, but it's still nothing to parade around.
Reply 36
Hello KentWill, I'm your favourite worst nightmare!
KentWill
Well-noticed.

I loathe them. They are truly repugnant, and I spend every minute despising the scumbags.

And I assure you I'm not a troll.
Hahahahahaha.

Have fun in the pit tomorrow. I shall be relaxing at the Carlton :smile:
Reply 38
So what you're saying is we shouldn't stereotype the poor to be chavs or 'scum'? Whereas, you are stereotyping anyone who doesn't particularly delight in the idea of spending time with this demographic group, to be arrogant, tory loving, upper-class snobs.
Reply 39
ExDeusVenitBritannia
Good on you. I think the answer to your question is that TSR is full of Oxbridge wannabes and the Oxbridge demographic isn't exactly representative of society as a whole.

You'll never kill ignorance, especially online where anyone can pretend to be anyone else, and so isn't subject to peer pressure.

Not a bad try though. Someone needs to make a stand for all of those in society who aren't born into quite the same opportunities, or in some cases, outright luxury, as the more fortunate.

By the way, I'm a Tory and not particularly well-off in any sense. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

Thanks. And I will always stand up for those who are deprived of opportunities and failed by society, and not casually scoff at their penury.

By the way, most Tories would consider your opinions farcical, and I therefore urge you to change your political allegiances to a party that isn't so incompatible with your convictions!

Latest

Trending

Trending