The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

ITMB offers any one ?

Hey guys, I applied for ITMB in manchester i got a predicted DDD but my gcse they want at least a b in gcse maths, these are my GCSE'S

Geography c
English language c
Mathematics c
Agriculturel science b
Biology b
Chemistry c
Physics b

what are my chances of getting offered a place:confused: , has any one else applied for this course in Manchester? what grades and how long before being given an offer?

I hope to see some replies soon, and thanks so much guys for all the support your the best !! :smile:
Reply 1
fredesere
Hey guys, I applied for ITMB in manchester i got a predicted DDD but my gcse they want at least a b in gcse maths, these are my GCSE'S

Geography c
English language c
Mathematics c
Agriculturel science b
Biology b
Chemistry c
Physics b

what are my chances of getting offered a place:confused: , has any one else applied for this course in Manchester? what grades and how long before being given an offer?

I hope to see some replies soon, and thanks so much guys for all the support your the best !! :smile:

I see on the website that the requirements are AAB, in general. Do you have extenuating circumstances? Because if not, then I very much doubt they'll offer you a place :s-smilie:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Anatheme
I see on the website that the requirements are AAB, in general. Do you have extenuating circumstances? Because if not, then I very much doubt they'll offer you a place :s-smilie:

I think you have misunderstood me, DDD is equivalent to AAA in BTEC, but the problem is my gcse they want a b in maths GCSE :s-smilie: thanks for ur reply bdw
Reply 3
fredesere
I think you have misunderstood me, DDD is equivalent to AAA in BTEC, but the problem is my gcse they want a b in maths GCSE :s-smilie: thanks for ur reply bdw

Well you didn't say you were doing a BTEC…
The best is probably to retake your GCSEs in English and Maths to improve your grade. However, if they ask AAB at A-Levels, are you sure they would take a BTEC into consideration?
Reply 4
yea they would, they want a ddm and im predicted a ddd btecs are considered equivalent to A Levels altho seen as more accademic, the main problem are the GSCE they want a b in maths and english but i have a c, im currently doing Maths for IT practitioners tho, and its higher than GCSE maths, do you think I would be rejected for being 1 grade of with GSCE's ? I cant retake ive already applied, just worried :frown: they want a DDM which is equivalent to AAB and ive got a DDD which is equivalent to AAA do you think that would help the situation :s-smilie:

Thanks for your help

Its been overly apreciated :smile:
Reply 5
fredesere
yea they would, they want a ddm and im predicted a ddd btecs are considered equivalent to A Levels altho seen as more accademic, the main problem are the GSCE they want a b in maths and english but i have a c, im currently doing Maths for IT practitioners tho, and its higher than GCSE maths, do you think I would be rejected for being 1 grade of with GSCE's ? I cant retake ive already applied, just worried :frown: they want a DDM which is equivalent to AAB and ive got a DDD which is equivalent to AAA do you think that would help the situation :s-smilie:

Thanks for your help

Its been overly apreciated :smile:

The best you can do is just to ask them, I suppose DDD to compare to their DDM requirements would be good for you, and also the fact that you're doing Maths, but no-one can answer for sure, since only the university will make a decision. Good luck with your application, though :smile:
Reply 6
Gosh im soo scared :frown: they havent replied me yet :frown: :frown: :frown:

Thanks very much for your help tho :smile:
Reply 7
Got an offer 2day hehe :biggrin:
Reply 8
fredesere
Got an offer 2day hehe :biggrin:

Ahhhh good, well done :biggrin:
Reply 9
hey guys dunno if i'm helping or not but i applied last year and deffered my place(on gap year now) and got in on ABB so and when i went on open day the guys said that they didnt seem too fussed over grades so i wouldn't worry too much.

Latest

Trending

Trending