Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pass Plus - How Much did it Cost you?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how much did your pass plus cost?

Looking to get it as cheap as possible don't forget to reply with the cost + discount (if any) you received for taking test with them.

Post especially if you live in Preston.

In Great British Pound Sterling please!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i failed
    4 serious
    14 minors
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My dignity.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    mine was £135

1st time passer ^_^
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £100 on the Sly
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £100 Where I wanted to pay £100 Anything under £140 is ok...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    how much does it knock off insurance?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who is doing it for under £90 atm, but thats in the midlands, and thats only for his previous students lol.

friends took his, cost him £120, and got a £200 discount off his insurance..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it takes £400 of mine if I do it.. I might as well do it for £140 thats with a SEAT I did it on another car and nothing changed like 30 pounds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatjosh)
    Hey guys how much did your pass plus cost?

Looking to get it as cheap as possible don't forget to reply with the cost + discount (if any) you received for taking test with them.

Post especially if you live in Preston.

In Great British Pound Sterling please!
    Quick google gives some starters but mine (in Gloucestershire about 3 and a bit years ago) cost £120.
    You might be able to get some funding for it from the council but it doesn't look like your area do that so it'll probably cost about £130 ish.
    I got the equivalent of a year's no claims off my insurer for the first year after I passed but it goes after one year. Mind you, by then I had a years no claims and they (egg) dropped another six months no claims in for me.
    There should be some more int on the advanced driving thread (see the link in my sig) or looking on ADUK should give a bit more advice.
    As it is, the main cost is pre set for the PP, it's the extras and the quality of instruction that make the real difference.
    Good luck, and remember, we're ALL still learning!

*edit to add* Remember that the benefits of the Pass Plus are more than just financial! But these points have been covered ad nausuem elsewhere...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i didnt do it, waste of money
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did this after I passed my test, it cost £150 and I saved £200 on insurance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loads of companies say this "The Pass Plus course which is designed and monitored by the Driving Standards Agency is available from £99" What does that mean ? You need to do the whole course in a day or what ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    isnt it a seried of a few lessons, but you pay a single fee for them all?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    mine was less than £75
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Huh? from £99 usually implies that it could be 99 but it could also be 140. Whats the T+Cs you reckon?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually just rang up 2 companies and nither was £99 one was £120 the other was £160 WTF? lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    £100 Though I know my driving instructor has since put it up by £20, dunno why.

Edit:
    (Original post by swatjosh)
    Loads of companies say this "The Pass Plus course which is designed and monitored by the Driving Standards Agency is available from £99" What does that mean ? You need to do the whole course in a day or what ?
    Mine was 6 hours. I think that's the minimum though you can do more. I did it in three 2hr sessions over two and a half weeks. My sister did it in two 3 hour sessions. I expect it depends on who you do it with and what you prefer and time slots and so on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cokeclock)
    £100 Though I know my driving instructor has since put it up by £20, dunno why.
    This fecking credit crucnch can suck my ballz
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did it this time last year as it'd help my insurance and i think it was about £160 but saves me £50/year so will be good in the long run..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2013
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.