The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
im so academic
OP, what do you prefer AAAA OFFER or a straight forward rejection? the offer right?

then get to work :work:

I am afraid I take the stance of im so academic here, since the difficulty of the courses make A level's seem like childs play to be honest. 4A's is pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things here!
I need A's in every maths module for Mathematics Pure. :sigh:
Reply 62
They defo have the right to ask for 4As, I know some people who got an offer for 5. If you really want then you could explain your situation with just 3 lessons a week to Cambridge and hope for the best, but really just enjoy your offer!!
Slumpy
Just be thankful it's only A-levels you have to worry about.

exactly. although i failed massively at STEP (i'm assuming thats what you were reffering to) but they still let me in (well to another college)
Well done on your offer, but that's the risk you run with taking 4 A-levels I'm afraid :tongue:
Reply 65
just man up and do the 4 A offer pfft
but that's the risk you run with taking 4 A-levels I'm afraid
- Ha. I take 5
Reply 66
didgeridoo12uk
exactly. although i failed massively at STEP (i'm assuming thats what you were reffering to) but they still let me in (well to another college)

Yeah, naturally refering to STEP.
As a mathmo, I have to use it to tell people I had a harder offer than them:p:
Reply 67
bubbles50
I got a 4A offer, I didn't expect it although I knew it was possible, but I don't think its unfair.
With my AS level marks if I do a reasonable amount of work I can straightaway get two of them, so to me its just them saying, right we want to make sure that you are committed to everything you do and that you aren't just going to coast along, so I also need an A in what, for me, is my 'worst' subject, requiring much more effort than I'd otherwise give. Effor that will be expected if I meet my offer and go!

Its not unfair etc, I'm just looking at it as a way to push me to do the best I can - and I left myself open to an offer of four As by taking four A levels.

Anyway, it could be that fourth subject that got me the offer! Rejection vs some sort of motivation to actually work in one of my subjects? Even if I miss the offer I'll be grateful that they made me push myself to do the best I can.

They obviously think you are capable, now do the work for it, just think that working a little harder for the next five months could decide where you are for three years. It won't be disaster if you don't meet it, but if you do it'll sure be worth it. :smile:

I got an AAAA offer for Economics, too. Which college?
Reply 68
bubbles50
Finally someone else lol
Peterhouse :smile:
Maths, F. Maths, Economics and Physics... its the physics that is a step too far for me lol
What's your college/subject?

Haha. Mine's for Economics at Trinity. They said AAA, but that's excluding the A I already got in maths last year, so it's actually AAA. I'm taking further maths, economics, history, combined english and government and politics.
Reply 69
JessicaW
Haha. Mine's for Economics at Trinity. They said AAA, but that's excluding the A I already got in maths last year, so it's actually AAA. I'm taking further maths, economics, history, combined english and government and politics.

oh so just a few subjects then.
Reply 70
+epic
oh so just a few subjects then.

Lol. :colonhash:
Reply 71
Stop moaning about hard offers! Firstly: you have an offer, unlike the majority of the people who appled. Secondly: your offer is not as hard as most IB students have to gain (the average requirement of 40 is about AAAAa)
You are lucky, just work a bit harder!
Reply 72
JessicaW
Lol. :colonhash:

:p: you must be killing yourself haha!
Reply 73
+epic
:p: you must be killing yourself haha!

I'm doing STEP I and II and three AEAs as well. So yes. Yes I am. :sigh:
Reply 74
JessicaW
I'm doing STEP I and II and three AEAs as well. So yes. Yes I am. :sigh:

Out of interest, why bother with STEP when you're doing economics?
I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't had to for my offer...
Reply 75
Slumpy
Out of interest, why bother with STEP when you're doing economics?
I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't had to for my offer...

I need it for my Warwick applications. Plus, it's quite fun.
Reply 76
JessicaW
I need it for my Warwick applications. Plus, it's quite fun.

Oh, fair enough.
Meh, STEP I was quite fun, II is somewhat fun, but not when it's exam conditions:p:
Reply 77
Slumpy
Oh, fair enough.
Meh, STEP I was quite fun, II is somewhat fun, but not when it's exam conditions:p:

I'm delighted to hear this. :p:
Flozza_X
You don't know how frustrating these kinda threads are. I would kill for any offer. And AAAA isn't even that bad, what about people who have to get certain grades in STEP or above 90% UMS in every subject (or even higher than 90%) or distinctions in AEAs???

My point proven, as mentioned in a previous post in this thread.

OP: be grateful of your offer, get to work, stop complaining, and realise how lucky you are.
Reply 79
JessicaW
I'm delighted to hear this. :p:

Main point is don't stress I reckon, bit of practice and STEP isn't too bad...I really shoula done more, but nevermind...although you could ignore practice and still have fun I reckon, as nothing should be resting on it:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending