The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Completely depends of you, I imagine. :confused: I would go through past papers, taking particular note of anything that "always" comes up. Bit difficult for english (and french?) though.

I made lots of spider diagrams for lots of different english essays, and worked through a study guide for close reading. Seemed to work. I didn't take Computing or French, though.

The condition seems pretty tough... Are the grades in your sig. Int 2 or Higher?
However much work it takes for you to feel confident you know the courses well enough for AAA

Any more than that is random guessing on our parts
Int 2 :biggrin: I'd be quite amazed if I got AAAAABB in Higher, although some people on here seem to be the types that would manage that :redface:
Reply 4
For English, practise as many close readings as you can get your hands on, we did what felt like hundreds through the year (my English teacher was realllyyy old fashioned, and found loads of old papers, going back as far as the 70s, which was a bit pointless because the exam was pretty different :rolleyes: ) which was really boring at the time but I think it helped. There are some questions which had kind of formulaeic answers, so make sure you know the 'formulas' well and thats a few very easy marks. For the essays, I would concentrate more on making sure you really understand the themes of themes of them. Another thing my English teacher made us do was go through the past papers, and for every (for essays and novels, poetry would be a bit harder), and I mean every, question, write a short essay plan, just a few lines, just enough you're clear in your mind about how you would write that essay. The idea behind this is that you get used to quickly being able to twist unlikely looking questions to suit your novel/play.
Reply 5
For english learn the quotes inside out for all options and practise writing essays in the time. Close readings easy once you get the technique down so thats just learning how to do that and some more practise.

Latest

Trending

Trending