The Student Room Group

Anyone Doing An Edexcel AS Politics Resit?

Hi all, anyone doing an Edexcel AS Government & Politics exam on Monday (19th)?

These are the penultimate sittings of these exams which were withdrawn from the specification last summer.

I'm actually on a gap year at the moment and have chosen to resit unit 2 (governing the UK) of this qualification in order to up my grade so that i can meet uni offer requirements!

Is anyone else sitting one of these exams?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing unit 2 as well!!
Completely flopped that module last summer! I remember I literally repeated myself 10times in a question because I didn't know what to write..lol
Will probably resit 1&3 in the summer as well to meet uni offers..
*sigh* lol
Reply 2
Ballet_shoes
I'm doing unit 2 as well!!
Completely flopped that module last summer! I remember I literally repeated myself 10times in a question because I didn't know what to write..lol
Will probably resit 1&3 in the summer as well to meet uni offers..
*sigh* lol

arghhh i know the feeling!
i did ok in 1 and pretty well at 3
but 2 was a nightmare, i knew nothing, and now i've basically got to teach myself the whole unit again because i didn't resit last year in the hope i could make up ums in A2, in the end finished off 3 ums from a C..

needless to say, all my unis want me to now make up that 3 marks to get in! it's awful! i haven't even touched the excutive yet.

what you reckon will come up? and what have you prepared for?
Well hopefully not Parliamentary sovereignty and in what way is the PM becoming more presidential!
I'm only going to learn the constitution and PM..hate the other 2 topics!!
Haven't started preparing yet...I'm such a last minute worker...literally the night before!
I need an A for uni...which is why I might have to resit 1&3 because I just scraped an A for both of them...and I don't think I'll do well with the ideologies this summer...don't understand it at all!! So have to try and get this AS stuff as high as possible :frown:
Reply 4
Ballet_shoes
Well hopefully not Parliamentary sovereignty and in what way is the PM becoming more presidential!
I'm only going to learn the constitution and PM..hate the other 2 topics!!
Haven't started preparing yet...I'm such a last minute worker...literally the night before!
I need an A for uni...which is why I might have to resit 1&3 because I just scraped an A for both of them...and I don't think I'll do well with the ideologies this summer...don't understand it at all!! So have to try and get this AS stuff as high as possible :frown:

i'm starting to understand sovereignty now, but i'm actually banking on a constitution question so much!
i would love the pm becoming presidential question though!
I still need to do the executive, cos lords reform is not my idea of fun tbh.
and no way am i doing judiciary that is the most boring thing i can imagine :smile:

i did ideologies! they're not too bad, so you'll be fine :smile:!
Reply 5
The PM becoming more presedential is highly unlikely to come up as that's the question which came up in June 2008.
That's what I was thinking
Ditto with the Parliamentary Sovereignty thing :smile:
I have just finished writing my notes and now I'm going to sit in bed a revise it till the early hours of the morning :smile:
How I love my last minute cramming before every exam..
Reply 7
How long do we have for the unit 2 resit? can't remember the timin i worked out last year.. except that i always answered the essay first
Reply 8
Ballet_shoes
That's what I was thinking
Ditto with the Parliamentary Sovereignty thing :smile:
I have just finished writing my notes and now I'm going to sit in bed a revise it till the early hours of the morning :smile:
How I love my last minute cramming before every exam..

lol cramming.. you know it!

but what was that about Parlt sov?
Umm..it came up in June 08 so it probably won't come up again, unless we all flopped it then, so they thought they'd be mean and put it on again :frown:
I don't know why I'm on TSR I really should be doing this cramming now...I only started revising today! :s
Might explain why I'm retaking...lol
and...1hour...it's a minute a mark
Reply 11
cool thanks.. i'm revisin now.. this is my 'break.. every couple mins i take a min break... yeah (short ...ish attention span) :smile: also thank you!
i hope you do well... revise.. lol.. started revising yesterday.. but not really.. also .. uh how long do ya think a 30 mk answer should be (page wise) is it like 3 sides.. i think the 15 mark is like a page right.. or 3/4 of a page.... and the 5 mark like a paragraph or two.. but the 30 mk? i can't remember
Reply 12
How did everyone find it today?
i had the pleasure of doing both Units 2 and 3 and found 2 very hard! 3 was ok...but knowing my luck, i think i totally messed it up!!
I realised today while sitting the exam it's actually not a minute a mark! Because if it was that would mean you could only do one question! That's only for unit 3. Really sorry!
I think it was ok...some questions were a bit odd..but generally ok...hopefully did better then last time :smile:
Reply 14
I did questions on the Constitution and Parliament. I thought the 30 mark question was horrible...the one about conventions...
Ditto! But I somehow managed to waffle like 3pages on it...probably all completely unrelated but I had time lol
I did PM..those questions were nice =)
I saw the last question for Parliament and just though O_o whatt?
Then again I didn't revise Parliament much...ah well...just going to see what happens on results day! =s
dee_30
I did questions on the Constitution and Parliament. I thought the 30 mark question was horrible...the one about conventions...

I did the exact same. Overall I thought the exam was horrible especially both part C to Constitution and Parliament.

How did you answer the convention one?.. I start talking about the Crown Power to declare war... and talked about it's been given to the PM.. seen as more democratic.. and talked about Absolute Monarchical Sovereignty and how that was considered as bad.. and how it's easy to erode our Liberties and compared it with Parliamentary Sovereignty where it's more democratic as we elect them and if we don't like them we can boot them out in the next general election and I criticised the points I mentioned.
Reply 17
Tell me about it! I totally blagged my way through that question, both 30 mark questions...i hope i do well! i really need to improve my mark one way or another!
Does anyone happen to know when the results are out?
Reply 18
i answered it very badly! lol i talked about some conventions which were good like minestiral responsibility and soveriegnty...didn't talk about crown power..im actually kicking myself for not mentioning it...i can't remember what else i talked about..but im sure it wasnt good! lol
I only talked about 3 things...
Collective responsibility, Primus inter pares, and the royal prerogative.
Results are out apparently on March 12th or 19th, not sure which one though..

Latest

Trending

Trending