The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I live in Edinburgh and have been described as having "the most brutally patronising posh english accent ever heard by mankind."

Thus far, I have not been put in the stocks. Infact, the worst abuse i've had is a conversation at the pub discussing whether the english or the scots had the correct pronounciation of the word "giraffe."

Attacks like this are unbelievably rare and just done by nutters, which i'm afraid we have in all countries.
Omg!!!! Where Is Jeremy Kyle When You Actually Want Him???!!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
The Doctor Forever
Omg!!!! Where Is Jeremy Kyle When You Actually Want Him???!!?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

Does anyone ever actually want Jeremy Kyle?
Reply 63
calvinuk
**** 'em.

They can have their ******** independence and we'll have our 5 billion a year back.

They'd be ****** without us paying for their lives.

You actually think they'd be **** all if we were't 'paying for their lives'
We treated them like **** which is why they hate us....we dont pay for anything...
Im worried though as im english and wanted to go to edinburgh univerity =(
jomo
I live in Edinburgh and have been described as having "the most brutally patronising posh english accent ever heard by mankind."

Thus far, I have not been put in the stocks. Infact, the worst abuse i've had is a conversation at the pub discussing whether the english or the scots had the correct pronounciation of the word "giraffe."

Attacks like this are unbelievably rare and just done by nutters, which i'm afraid we have in all countries.

We must have accidentally let you slip through the net. Wait until I phone my Gorgie cousins...
Gazcobain
Does anyone ever actually want Jeremy Kyle?
People desperate for their 15-minutes of fame do I imagine.
I'd like to point out that this is a rare occurance - especially in aberdeen!

All these people shouting abuse about Scottish people - I suppose in your town there have never been any racial attacks? At the age of 15, my sister and I had stones thrown at us by kids our age and called Scottish bitches... in a village called Hornsea in Yorkshire. Seriously, try being Scottish and moving into an English village - you'll last less than a year (well we did anyway, though the place was a ******** anyway so wouldnt have stayed longer anyway).

And yes, which nation is it that cause trouble all over the world with their after-football hooliganism?
As an Englishman living in Scotland this article does worry me slightly.
And i'd also like to add that for the most part, whether you're english or not, you'll only get hassle if you're being an idiot...
Reply 69
The Doctor Forever
i always wondered why Hadrian's wall was built :rolleyes:

but to be fair this is a one off. england wales and ireland all have pricks like this. just a stereotype.

if your gonna stereotype scotland you may aswell stereotype all irishmen for wanting to blow up london tube stations

No... I would have said wanting to tarmac your drive and then extort you out of £20k for a really poor job...
Reply 70
Student2806
As an Englishman living in Scotland this article does worry me slightly.

Why? What possible reason could you have for being worried by this article??
Reply 71
calvinuk
**** 'em.

They can have their ******** independence and we'll have our 5 billion a year back.

They'd be ****** without us paying for their lives.

!!! As a Scot i find that really offensive and untrue. Scotland's tourist industry, trades and natural resources make it completely suitable for independance. I would reconsider going to St Andrews unversity if you hate us that much!!!:mad:
Well that's just charming.
Danielle89
I'd like to point out that this is a rare occurance - especially in aberdeen!

All these people shouting abuse about Scottish people - I suppose in your town there have never been any racial attacks? At the age of 15, my sister and I had stones thrown at us by kids our age and called Scottish bitches... in a village called Hornsea in Yorkshire. Seriously, try being Scottish and moving into an English village - you'll last less than a year (well we did anyway, though the place was a ******** anyway so wouldnt have stayed longer anyway).

And yes, which nation is it that cause trouble all over the world with their after-football hooliganism?

To claim that people getting attacked in Scotland for being English is rare and then giving an example of the opposite and suggest it's the norm is somewhat hypocritical, don't you think?
Getting back to the original point, can I just say that the tosser who did punch the girl was probably the type of guy just looking for an excuse to punch anyone. If she hadn't been there it'd have been someone else. Her accent just gave the guy a ready-made insult.
FyreFight
To claim that people getting attacked in Scotland for being English is rare and then giving an example of the opposite and suggest it's the norm is somewhat hypocritical, don't you think?

Indeed. It was possibly in reference to me, but i said it tounge in cheek.

I really do hate this whole nation vs nation agenda - it's quite embarrassing.
Reply 76
I'm glad that the hundreds of Scottish people I've actually met are really nice.
Bill Shakespeare

England on the other hand, there's a national with a spotless record when it comes to violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

yet in the wikipedia article the England section is largest out of over 36 different countries, strange huh :wink:
The Doctor Forever
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

yet in the wikipedia article the England section is largest out of over 36 different countries, strange huh :wink:

But the whole point it that it doesn't matter. Why generalise or condemn a majority for the actions of a minority? It's hypocritical for anyone to do so as there are apt examples to use against anyone.
FyreFight

to be honest, yes, perhaps. But then I find it a bit pathetic that one case of racial abuse against the english is being brought up here when Scots have been persecuted by the English since the days of King Edward. I mean, its not like we've come down there and stolen Berwick back from you by means of rape and murder and fire... (obviously doesnt in any way justify the racist attack by this particular scot, but I do believe that english attacks on scots are more frequent than vice versa).

What angers me about the English (yes, you've got me started, but there's people here who have clearly blamed the whole nation of Scotland for this one-off attack) is their ignorance about our country. When at school there I had people asking me where I was from, and when I answered Scotland, they asked whereabouts in England that was or said "so, england then?". As well as being called Jocks and having my accent imitated constantly (badly) you can imagine living there wasnt particularly pleasant.

Latest

Trending

Trending