The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrBlueMo0n
So it should be ready during summer? Before application time?

Otherwise, or even just for the time being, are there any other places I can do this?

Sorry I am not sure, but I would keep an eye out, it is an excellent course should it be available to you, but it may well be too late..
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Presenttime
Sorry I am not sure, but I would keep an eye out, it is an excellent course should it be available to you, but it may well be too late..

How do you know it's an excellent course? Have you done it before? If so, surely they've stored movies that I can find.
How do you know it's an excellent course? Have you done it before? If so, surely they've stored movies that I can find.

No, I haven't done it before. But I am familiar with this site, which offers online courses from top US universities, which are identical in content to the actual university modules.
Original post by Presenttime
No, I haven't done it before. But I am familiar with this site, which offers online courses from top US universities, which are identical in content to the actual university modules.

OK, thanks. I'll look out for it, but I'm going to have to carry on looking for other courses just to be sure.
Hi! I´d like to know - is there some sort of official matriculation at ucl? I did not find any mention of it at ucl website (as to if, how, when, where,...). Any info would be much appreciated!:smile:
Reply 2585
Original post by Dominika4
Hi! I´d like to know - is there some sort of official matriculation at ucl? I did not find any mention of it at ucl website (as to if, how, when, where,...). Any info would be much appreciated!:smile:

(Un)fortunately, there's nothing like that. At least for undergrads.
Original post by steffanie
Yep, there is :smile:

Brilliant, thanks, I have a US holiday opportunity and if I don't take it up soon the deal wont be available.

Of course I will read while I'm there. :-)
For UCL student houses, is the internet over wifi or is it wired connection? Just wanted to know if i'd be able to connect my phone/laptop over wifi or not
Reply 2588
if you don't get in first time, can you resit and reapply? i know LSE don't like resits but i wasn't sure about UCL..?
Original post by flume
if you don't get in first time, can you resit and reapply? i know LSE don't like resits but i wasn't sure about UCL..?

Not for the really competitive courses like Economics and Medicine, but other courses you should be able to. Best to call UCL up and ask specifically about your course.
Reply 2590
Original post by Confused101
Not for the really competitive courses like Economics and Medicine, but other courses you should be able to. Best to call UCL up and ask specifically about your course.

i've firmed UCL for anthropology, i'm just a little worried i'm not going to get the grades in the summer! worst comes to worst i'll ring up and ask, thanks :smile:
Original post by flume
i've firmed UCL for anthropology, i'm just a little worried i'm not going to get the grades in the summer! worst comes to worst i'll ring up and ask, thanks :smile:

I remember reading that they don't allow A-levels over 3 years. Now I'm not sure if that was medicine specific or university wide. Best bet is to call up the department, or just ace those A-levels!
Original post by Josézani_II
I really love UCL.
I would hope to get into UCL
I will hope to have the following AS grades:
Physic: A
Biology:A
Chemistry:A/B
Criticalthinking: C
English Literature: C/D (Unfortunately)
And i currently have media at grade B (A Level)
what are my chances of getting into medicine or biomedical science in UCL..
I am thinking about doing medicine but i'm currently more inclined to do biomedical sciences.

based on grades alone, Chances for medicine (at UCL) are slim my friend :/ like everyone applying has at minimum 3As, most of all in chemistry, chuck in lots of experience and a massive scoop of luck for the BMAT (trust me, i redefined failure with my score) and perhaps just perk that chemistry up a little and you should have a good chance :smile: Did you do a language at GCSE? You need one for consideration
I second the WiFi question, is it available at halls and houses?
Original post by uzumaki1107
I second the WiFi question, is it available at halls and houses?

Those on gower street do. Astor has wifi in the basement, and I believe ramsay has wifi on the ground floor.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I remember reading that they don't allow A-levels over 3 years. Now I'm not sure if that was medicine specific or university wide. Best bet is to call up the department, or just ace those A-levels!

Just medicine, and unlikely to get accepted for the competitive courses. They prefer those who took the standard two years, but they still consider those who took three (even without extenuating circumstances). I know a few people who got into UCL doing a levels over 3 years.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Those on gower street do. Astor has wifi in the basement, and I believe ramsay has wifi on the ground floor.

As in line with the rest of UCL owned buildings off the main campus, that's the wifi from the computer clusters fyi.

(Astor's cluster was in the windeyer building, but i don't remember getting wifi in the basement? unless they moved the cluster?)
I'd also like to apply to UCL for CS.

I'm getting an A in maths, easy.
I think I'm likely to get a B in physics.
Business could go really well, A, or really bad and go very low. I'm not sure, as business is an unreliable subject. Could be as low as a U. I'm not joking.

So those are my 3 AS choices for year 12. Over the summer I'll have 2/3rds of a further maths AS , and probably a whole one sitting in January. I'll carry on with my other 3 subjects.

Will I get an offer from UCL? With, say, ABB at AS, knowing I'm going to be doing further AS next year.

If they do, will it be a high offer because of my low AS results?
Starting to think about laptops for uni, are macs compatible with the ucl system?? I'll be studying medicine so I doubt i'll be getting any software or anything just wanna make sure i can connect to the network etc
Reply 2599
I'd also like to apply to UCL for CS.

I'm getting an A in maths, easy.
I think I'm likely to get a B in physics.
Business could go really well, A, or really bad and go very low. I'm not sure, as business is an unreliable subject. Could be as low as a U. I'm not joking.

So those are my 3 AS choices for year 12. Over the summer I'll have 2/3rds of a further maths AS , and probably a whole one sitting in January. I'll carry on with my other 3 subjects.

Will I get an offer from UCL? With, say, ABB at AS, knowing I'm going to be doing further AS next year.

If they do, will it be a high offer because of my low AS results?

CS? Isn't that particular subject requires A*AA? If you got ABB, and predicted somewhere similar to that grades, you are screwed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending