The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
Hi :smile:

So I was checking the information about enrolment on the UCL site and it reads as follows:

All students are required to enrol in person within the two weeks from their official programme start date.

Does this mean I can only enrol in person within two weeks after I start my course, or within two weeks before the start of the course?
Thanks
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by sawi
Hi :smile:

So I was checking the information about enrolment on the UCL site and it reads as follows:

All students are required to enrol in person within the two weeks from their official programme start date.

Does this mean I can only enrol in person within two weeks after I start my course, or within two weeks before the start of the course?
Thanks

It literally means up to 2 weeks after the course starts (ie around the 10th of October I believe)
UCL students could you please give some examples:

Course:
Your predicted grades:
Your Offer:
Your achieved grades:
Original post by BioOx
UCL students could you please give some examples:

Course:
Your predicted grades:
Your Offer:
Your achieved grades:

MSci Biological Sciences
A*AA
AAA
A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Course: Psychology
Your predicted grades: A*A*A*a*
Your Offer: A*AA
Your achieved grades: A*A*A*a*a
I have received an adjustment offer from UCL for Natural Sciences and I need to reply soon ( by monday ). My firm is an Econ degree from an avg uni but I have always considered chem, eng, and other science degrees as long as they are heavily maths based so it was great to find Nat Sci in adjustment, especially at UCL. I really need some questions answered - PLEASE! I need to make an informed decision and quickly!

Questions:
How much maths related stuff can I stick in there? I really want my Nat Sci experience to lean towards Physical Chem, Maths, and some Physics aspects. I want as much Statistics and also Finance options possible jammed into my degree.

What are the contact hours like? Lectures? Any lab at all?

Teaching - please tell me if it is any good because I have heard bad things about UCL's dpt

What kind of jobs are you guys looking to do? How many people go on to do pharma companies / banking / postgrad etc??

Is Nat Sci seen as a really good degree within UCL? I have heard that some science students get grief from Law snobs apparently

UCL in general - are you happy? do you feel like you are one step ahead with the research, teaching, facilities etc?

finally - what is the best and worst thing about Nat Sci and about UCL???
Course: Civil Engineering
Your predicted grades: A*AAa
Your Offer: A*AAe
Your achieved grades: AAAa
Can anyone clear this up for me?

Seems that the week from 19th September is International Students only, and not for UK applicants, and that our Freshers starts 26th.

However, when ringing up I was told first lectures started 26th. Surely lectures don't run through Freshers?
Original post by Chronokeeper

Seems that the week from 19th September is International Students only, and not for UK applicants, and that our Freshers starts 26th.

However, when ringing up I was told first lectures started 26th. Surely lectures don't run through Freshers?

yeah we really need a freshers / help thread for ucl 2016

If you log in to portico, they have the timetables somewhere on their website. It looks like theres an induction lecture on Tuesday and (I think) one other lecture on Thursday during freshers week for neuroscience :smile: I can't speak for other courses because I haven't checked..

You're right that international students are told to be there a bit earlier, and the rest of us have to be around by the 25th to start officially on the 26th.
How does ucl look at resits? If i got A*ACC and resit the Cs to get As, can i still be offered a place? Planning to do econs btw!
how is the chemistry course at UCL - positive and negatives????? i.e. work load

(edited 7 years ago)
Hello, I applied to the PGCE art and design but I am so confused... I did my degree back in my home country and I provided my GCSE certificates translated, but they didn't accept my english certificate. I really thought that by doing the IELTS (7.5 was my score) it was ok... but now I'm not sure because they keep asking for the GCSE ;_;

Also, I was checking Moodle and read in the course page that we have to go to a Primary school for a week before we start the course... but I don't think I will have enough time... It's almost September and I am supposed to do 4 tasks before it starts? I just have a week to do everything and I didn't even received an e-mail informing me of these things...

Help!!!
Not a Nat Sci student (study languages), but couldn't recommend UCL enough! Trust me, you're v lucky be offered a place in adjustment at UCL! I have a few friends who do Nat Sci and they're applying for internships at banks and things like that so you'll still be able to go into finance if you want to! Nat Sci is a v v prestigious degree at UCL! Science students generally have really good contact hours and UCL really is trailblazer in terms of their research!

Best thing: Night life, always something to do, so many clubs and societies, range of people. Nat Sci people are often quite close too, due to contact hours.

Worst thing: Can be expensive, sometimes feedback for coursework can take longer than the 4 weeks it's supposed to. Accommodation is not the best aesthetically but good company makes up for it.

Original post by minjinoor
I have received an adjustment offer from UCL for Natural Sciences and I need to reply soon ( by monday ). My firm is an Econ degree from an avg uni but I have always considered chem, eng, and other science degrees as long as they are heavily maths based so it was great to find Nat Sci in adjustment, especially at UCL. I really need some questions answered - PLEASE! I need to make an informed decision and quickly!

Questions:
How much maths related stuff can I stick in there? I really want my Nat Sci experience to lean towards Physical Chem, Maths, and some Physics aspects. I want as much Statistics and also Finance options possible jammed into my degree.

What are the contact hours like? Lectures? Any lab at all?

Teaching - please tell me if it is any good because I have heard bad things about UCL's dpt

What kind of jobs are you guys looking to do? How many people go on to do pharma companies / banking / postgrad etc??

Is Nat Sci seen as a really good degree within UCL? I have heard that some science students get grief from Law snobs apparently

UCL in general - are you happy? do you feel like you are one step ahead with the research, teaching, facilities etc?

finally - what is the best and worst thing about Nat Sci and about UCL???
(edited 7 years ago)

I'm a third year. Freshers will start on 26th.
Original post by tech10
I'm a third year. Freshers will start on 26th.

im going into 2yr at ucl and im confused too. Do lectures for us start on the 26th or the following week?
Hey! I'll be starting Psychology next month. Are all of the exams at the end of the year or are there January exams too? Also I intend on doing 1 credit from outside psych in term 1, is this considered wise? Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Any MA Comparative Lit students here?
Can anyone tell me if there's a chat between your flatmates before you arrive? Or if it is possible to make one? Would be really good to know who I'm living with before I move. Thanks, Charlotte
Anyone just recieved an unconditional offer from UCL??

Has anyone had a email stating confirmation of their offer??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending