The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ask a Current UCL Student: The Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

brokenheroes
it's hilarious, i'm lolling so hard as i type this.

:rolleyes: Well either Current Students and Prospective Students can chat in each other's threads without bitching and moaning, or they can't. Which is it?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Joanna May
:rolleyes: Well either Current Students and Prospective Students can chat in each other's threads without bitching and moaning, or they can't. Which is it?

one instance of chatting in this thread is a bit different from the constant questions in the current students thread, also the "bitching and moaning" in the other thread was rather light hearted.
:rolleyes: right back at you
Reply 62
brokenheroes
i managed to end up in the room with no tables for contract, i've now nicknamed wlo, "wlol" and public.. i actually did one and a half questions then napped. not a good exam run i'm afraid.. you?

Oh I couldn't believe that! Did no-one think to actually check the rooms before sending us there -legal brains indeed...

Umm, well in contract case names were leaking out of my head faster than water in a sieve so it started well and finished in a round of 'lets make up random case names' :yep:

WLO...haha, yeah I just looked through the questions and thouight how I probably really should have revised something for this module so yup, I eneded up making it up as I went along and public?

Let's just say that I was writing to fill space, rather than writing anything useful :rolleyes:

Bring on May! :danceboy:
Reply 63
BlueTrain
It's funny how you complain when there's prospective students chatting in the current UCL students thread when you've just done exactly the same thing.

I appear to have started something controversial here with my simple question....excellent :biggrin:
Joanna May

Well this is an Ask a UC student thread, where UC students need to post to make it purposeful.
Reply 65
brokenheroes

ssees seem to have their own cool events (saw something about a vodka tasting one once!) but obviously other people can still go. you still live in halls with everyone else, i know one or two ssees students but there doesn't seem to be any difference. not like i've noticed that lawyers and medics are quite cliquey. can any ssees-ers shed any light?

Ta muchly :smile:
Reply 66
Anyone know what astor college is like? The facilities sounded good so I added a little note to my application, is it alrite? Anyone else want to be placed there? x
Reply 67
If you get placed in the more renovated part, then I think it will be alright. but yeah, all the access to facilities is a plus.
:shock:

The admissions officer got back to me today (I emailed her about my GCSE grades) and she said that it's unlilely that they will offer me a place because I have an A in English but a C in Maths! (They want atleast a B in English and Maths:lolwut:).

???

Sofie.
Reply 69
easy_lemon
My friend is at SSEES, for his interview he wore black trousers, shirt but no tie. He was smart casual which is what most people go as..then again on my law interview day half the people were milling around in jeans lol

Joanna May
I went for interview last year at the Modern Languages department and wore smart black trousers and a nice v-neck jumper. I got an offer :smile:

Thank you both :smile:
rockrunride
Well this is an Ask a UC student thread, where UC students need to post to make it purposeful.

Yeah, but they don't need to chat to each other about their day. As has been pointed out, you have your own thread for that :p:

Rob_K
Thank you both :smile:

No problem. I don't think anyone turned up in jeans, as far as I remember, but there equally weren't people in suits. It was probably the smarter side of smart casual.

I've heard mixed reports about Astor. Some say it's good and cheap,but some say it's not great. But if you've already asked, then just hope you get in the nice bit!
Reply 71
9mm
If you get placed in the more renovated part, then I think it will be alright. but yeah, all the access to facilities is a plus.

Joanna May

No problem. I don't think anyone turned up in jeans, as far as I remember, but there equally weren't people in suits. It was probably the smarter side of smart casual.

I've heard mixed reports about Astor. Some say it's good and cheap,but some say it's not great. But if you've already asked, then just hope you get in the nice bit!

Yea I hope I do get in the nice renovated bit then lol tbh I dnt really mind about room size cos the room I've got at home is tiny anyway, I can just touch both sides with outstretched arms lol and its just a bit longer than a bed! So I think I'll cope lol as long as It's self catered and close to uni lol

Oh, and I wore jeans to my interview for zoology :smile: long as you're not really scruffy I dont think they mind x
Reply 72
SofinaaBabess
:shock:

The admissions officer got back to me today (I emailed her about my GCSE grades) and she said that it's unlilely that they will offer me a place because I have an A in English but a C in Maths! (They want atleast a B in English and Maths:lolwut:).

???

Sofie.

Here's hoping that they'll make an exception for you :h:
Will you get an interview for your course? Maybe if they see you in person they'll be more likely to forgive the C :dontknow:

This makes me very very grateful to whatever allowed the fluke of me obtaining a B at Maths GCSE :o:
imomo16
Here's hoping that they'll make an exception for you :h:

I hope so! If I get AAA/B, do you think they will still be bothered about the C in Maths?

Will you get an interview for your course? Maybe if they see you in person they'll be more likely to forgive the C :dontknow:

I don't think they do interviews for Law. =/

This makes me very very grateful to whatever allowed the fluke of me obtaining a B at Maths GCSE :o:

:stomp: I did foundation Maths at gcse because it's always been my weakest subject for some strange reason. :s-smilie: But yeah, I never thought it would matter, as long as I got a C :stomp:

Sofie xoxo
Joanna May
Yeah, but they don't need to chat to each other about their day. As has been pointed out, you have your own thread for that :p:

Lol, it happened once, unlike the constant barrage of questions on the currents thread..
rockrunride
Lol, it happened once, unlike the constant barrage of questions on the currents thread..

Are you a prospective student?
rockrunride

Yes, it happened once even though you have your own thread to chat in. The other thread it happened several times because the prospective students didn't.

But whatever. I'm not overly bothered, just thought it was hypocritical.
Reply 77
SofinaaBabess
I hope so! If I get AAA/B, do you think they will still be bothered about the C in Maths?

Hopefully! Fingers crossed :yep:
SofinaaBabess
Are you a prospective student?

I'm a prospective second-year student, but no, I go there already. :biggrin:

Joanna May
Yes, it happened once even though you have your own thread to chat in. The other thread it happened several times because the prospective students didn't.

But whatever. I'm not overly bothered, just thought it was hypocritical.

I slapped BH on the wrist for this, happy?

You could have taken the initiative and started it yourself :biggrin:
Reply 79
SofinaaBabess

I don't think they do interviews for Law. =/

:stomp: I did foundation Maths at gcse because it's always been my weakest subject for some strange reason. :s-smilie: But yeah, I never thought it would matter, as long as I got a C :stomp:

Sofie xoxo

I'm here with a GCSE C in maths, allthough admitably the competition for places wouldn't have been the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending