The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Adhsur
Maybe the reason you're not out and about is because you're already in the microwave.

Ermmm, wel I'm not sure, I'm actually quite cold and I don't appear to be rotating!!!
Why all these questions about ironing?

I don't iron any of my clothes - bung em on a hanger while they're still wet, give them a shake to get the worst of the creases out and leave them to dry next to a window(summer) or radiator (winter) and bung all your pants/socks etc into the tumble driers. I iron on average once or twice a yr (when hubby needs a shirt ironed)...and even then there's no real technique to it other than "makes clothes flatter"...and even if you have a lot of clothes that need ironing just put them on a hanger in your en suite if you've got one (the steam from the shower will flatten them) or buy a little spritzer bottle and spray a fine mist over them a couple of times and they will magically flatten themselves...just make sure you have good hangers not wire ones.

Oh and forget fruit/veg - coleslaw, salsa and vitamin pills (I like bassets soft and chewy raspberry flavour) do the job with the occassional salad from the sainsbury's salad bar.
If you're rich enough, then hire a butler or a maid to do everything for you. :biggrin:
Reply 23
My parents went away for three months on holiday, that taught me how to:

1)Blow up a pie in a microwave.
2)How NOT to cook a chicken
3)Lots of other things

It was the best experience ever, complete independence, though I did miss my mothers cooking!
Reply 24
Bhaal85

2)How NOT to cook a chicken

Stay well away!
Reply 25
ZJuwelH
Stay well away!

lol. I forgot about that!
Reply 26
Pencil Queen
Why all these questions about ironing?.

You should see the state of the T-shirt I am wearing now...
loftx
You should see the state of the T-shirt I am wearing now...

ditto for my suit jacket

good job I'm not ambitious really :smile:
Reply 28
I've only ironed about once, lol.
Reply 29
I'd learn cos ready meals are more expensive have loads of fat and salt in and arent too nutricious really.

Just learn simple things like chilli, shepherds pie casseroles, pasta stir fry. There are tons of student cook books you can get that teach you the basics. When I first went to uni I was the only one who could cook and the guys in my flat lived off pasta and meatballs for months. Its not a good diet. You use a laundrette at uni which is really simple just ask your mum to take you into the laundry and give you the low down when you are there, thats what I did. As for ironing again its a good thing to start earler cos theres a bit of an art to it.
Reply 30
Well I plan on getting a man-slave to do all the work for me :tongue:
Reply 31
I've found that finding a man slave who cooks is quite a difficult task.
Reply 32
viviki
I've found that finding a man slave who cooks is quite a difficult task.

Lol.. not if you train them well :smile:
Reply 33
Elle
Lol.. not if you train them well :smile:

I obviously dont have your talents. Or maybe cooking wasnt one of my training priorities :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending