The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jbrewis
Hey, not sure if this has been asked already (probably has but can't find it) how can you tell the difference between corridor based accommodation or flats. I have been looking on the Lancaster uni website and it doesn't say which accommodation is which.

All accommodation apart from Townhouse accommodation and accommodation in the town centre will be corridor-based accommodation in flats :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by jbrewis
Hey, not sure if this has been asked already (probably has but can't find it) how can you tell the difference between corridor based accommodation or flats. I have been looking on the Lancaster uni website and it doesn't say which accommodation is which.

All accommodation apart from Townhouse accommodation and accommodation in the town centre will be corridor-based accommodation in flats :smile:
Any college offering accommodation for the duration of your degree?
Original post by NikolaT
Any college offering accommodation for the duration of your degree?

I'm think all of them do, but you have to apply for each individual year - you can't apply for a 3 year contract.
Reply 1984
I'm looking for someone to replace me in a house for 2014-2015. Its a big room with a double bed and you would be sharing with two lovely girls both going into their 2nd year. Rent is 90pounds per week, bills included. PM me for more details.
I'm going to be doing IT for Creative industries in 2014, and have narrowed down to grizedale and furness. Not really too bothered about social aspect.
Any advice to help me choose?
Thanks
Original post by lgfbrown
I'm going to be doing IT for Creative industries in 2014, and have narrowed down to grizedale and furness. Not really too bothered about social aspect.
Any advice to help me choose?
Thanks

You've probably already seen this, but there are lots of pictures of the two colleges on the Lancaster Student Services page.
Grizedale: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1478405195705010.1073741832.1471436789735184&type=3
Furness: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1478403409038522.1073741830.1471436789735184&type=3
I think there may also be video tours on the colleges' youtube channels and they could help you to make up your mind! There isn't that much difference between the colleges and you need to choose a first and second choice anyway, so it doesn't matter too much which one you pick as your first choice.
I read somewhere on the accommodation page that for university halls you have to provide a £200 deposit before moving in. I was wondering if I would have to find the money myself to pay this deposit or will student finance provide me with this money to pay it? Would really appreciate a response. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1education
I read somewhere on the accommodation page that for university halls you have to provide a £200 deposit before moving in. I was wondering if I would have to find the money myself to pay this deposit or will student finance provide me with this money to pay it? Would really appreciate a response. Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to pay the deposit before you receive your student finance - in fact, it's a good whole month before you get SF, so unfortunately you'll have to find the money yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MalteseMalteser
You have to pay the deposit before you receive your student finance - in fact, it's a good whole month before you get SF, so unfortunately you'll have to find the money yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks so much for replying. It gives me much more time to find the money!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how long after we get unconditional offer, do we get our accommodation?:smile:
Original post by minaybi
Anyone know how long after we get unconditional offer, do we get our accommodation?:smile:

I believe the accommodation offers start to come out after A level results day - so it'll be Friday 15th August for half the colleges, and Monday 18th August for the rest of the colleges (assuming it runs the same this year as it did last year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1992
Original post by Zadeth
What is the internet at the Lancaster Accommodation like? Is there a download cap? If so, can you pay extra for unlimited? Is it Wi-Fi only or can you plug in Ethernet? I will be most likely living in a Studio atGrizedale or Pendle, though I am having a preference for Grizedale. Also, is electric use unlimited? I usually have my Computer on for most of the day.

Fast. If you use hard wired connections you can usually get speeds of 50+Mbps; and around 10Mbps on wifi. There is a limit (about 100Gb per month I think) after which your connection speed is 'throttled' (I've never managed to get anywhere near the limit so I dunno what they limit your connection speed to, but allegedly its still enough for browsing, youtube etc).

There are no restrictions on electricity use.
Anyone looking for accommodation pm me I have a spare room :smile:
Reply 1994
Hey guys,

Can I ask to change the college? I have not accept the offer yet.

Thanks!
Reply 1995
Hi :smile:

I was hoping people had tips on how to maximise space in the room for clothes, shoes etc (yes I am a girl :P). I am in a superior ensuite in Lonsdale.
And any tips on living in dorms is very much welcome!!!

(Thought I would put this under this thread since it has to do with accomodation)

Thank you :smile::smile:
Large, double room on the ground floor of a student house in Lancaster which is available to rent. 5 second year students already in the house. Rent is £95 per week with bills, wifi, internet booster, washing machine and tumble drier available. The house is a 5 minute walk from the University of Cumbria, a minute walk from a local corner shop. Williamson Park and the Butterfly House are also in close walking distance along with a 5-10 minute walk to town and lots of bus stops nearby. Plenty of parking available. Lease is until 7th July 2015 and the room is available ASAP.
Message me for any more information
From experience, I would definitely NOT recommend CityBlock.
Hey everyone,
Im potentially going to be a masters student at lancaster next year, will I be better off getting a room in graduate college (expensive) or should I try and get a room off campus with second and third years (cheaper?). If the latter, how far away from campus would I be living?
cheers
I have just accepted my unconditional for Economics and was wondering what accommodation would leave my with the shortest distance to travel? Also which colleges are sports orientated? not too bothered about social scene.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending