The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philippacm
Can anyone tell me whether all of Furness's Superior Ensuite is in flats of 8? :smile:

Yep, it is :smile: 4 buildings, with 10-12 flats in each building, 2 flats per floor.
Standard has flats of either 4 or 6 people, depending on the building.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi, I applied for a 1 bedroom studio apartment to live with my carer/boyfriend, however I didn't seem to be able to be given the choice of choosing my college or my studio? They said they would e-mail me but does this mean I don't have a choice? Thanks
Original post by STEMfit
Hi, I applied for a 1 bedroom studio apartment to live with my carer/boyfriend, however I didn't seem to be able to be given the choice of choosing my college or my studio? They said they would e-mail me but does this mean I don't have a choice? Thanks

I don't know if you have sorted this already but you choose your college and accommodation at the same time usually. They are only available in pendle or grizedale anyway.
Hi,

Are there any postgraduate students looking for accommodation for next year? I have a room available at Cable Street in the town centre, it's a 50 week contract running from 24th September. Rent is £92/week, it is a premium room offering spacious living with a double bed in a flat sharing with other postgraduate students. If you are interested or want some more details then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Alex
Reply 2044
does anyone have any advice for med-students-specific accommodation?
Just sorted out accomadation! Has anyone else gone for Furness college superior ensuite?! :biggrin:
Original post by Philippa0410
Just sorted out accomadation! Has anyone else gone for Furness college superior ensuite?! :biggrin:

I'll be in Furness Superior also!
Just got my accommodation confirmation for Pendle collage
Reply 2048
im furness college superior too!

also, can anyone tell me how post works? does everyone have their own little letterbox?
Original post by emfs
im furness college superior too!

also, can anyone tell me how post works? does everyone have their own little letterbox?

Yet, everyone has there own key for their letterbox and bigger packages go to the porter and you can pick them up with i.d.
Reply 2050
Original post by Hayley Williams
Yet, everyone has there own key for their letterbox and bigger packages go to the porter and you can pick them up with i.d.

thanks! idk why but im getting a bit nervous about little things like that
do you know if the kitchen comes furnished with pots, pans, cutlery, tea towels etc.?
if there's a hoover and cleaning materials
does each room have curtains?

sorry for this!
Original post by emfs
do you know if the kitchen comes furnished with pots, pans, cutlery, tea towels etc.?

sorry for this!

I think it gave a basic summary of things already there in the residents handbook if that's any help!
Reply 2052
Original post by Llew_Ch97
I think it gave a basic summary of things already there in the residents handbook if that's any help!

ah thanks! sorry about that
Original post by emfs

sorry for this!

Hi! Only just saw this! You only get toaster, microwave, kettle and oven in the kitchen. You need to bring pots, pans etc. YES, your room will have curtains and eat flat gets a hover, ironing board and iron. You will need to bring cleaning supplies for your room. there is also mop/bucket and brush etc to clean kitchen floor.
Don't be nervous, it's really fun. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Reply 2054
Hi! Only just saw this! You only get toaster, microwave, kettle and oven in the kitchen. You need to bring pots, pans etc. YES, your room will have curtains and eat flat gets a hover, ironing board and iron. You will need to bring cleaning supplies for your room. there is also mop/bucket and brush etc to clean kitchen floor.
Don't be nervous, it's really fun. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

hi! omg sweetest person ever!!! youre too good
thanku xx

hopefully my nerves will settle
i hope soon
are you a first year?
I'll be there too!

I'll be in Furness Superior also!
Original post by emfs
hi! omg sweetest person ever!!! youre too good
thanku xx

hopefully my nerves will settle
i hope soon
are you a first year?

Nope, i'm second year. Trust me, you'll love it when you get there. What college are you in and what are studying? I think you would have found out by now. :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 2057
Nope, i'm second year. Trust me, you'll love it when you get there. What college are you in and what are studying? I think you would have found out by now. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

ahh no wonder...its so nice of you to help out the new ones

im furness and medicine
how about you?
Original post by emfs
ahh no wonder...its so nice of you to help out the new ones

im furness and medicine
how about you?

Aha I'm in county!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in Furness Superior!! *\(^o^)/*

Quick Reply