Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Absinth
Does anyone know if mini fridges are necessary, or if we're allowed to have them? Would anyone recommend taking one to uni, or should I just use the one in the kitchen. I'm paranoid that my precious food will go missing. =(

I'm not certain, but I don't think they're allowed. And as Teao said, it's not really necessary:smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Nope, techinically they arent allowed, nor are kettles in your room- I know people with kettles in their room. I'm not supposed to have fairy lights, but I do. its not often official people come into your room anyway.
Reply 82
Teao the Cat
Nope, techinically they arent allowed, nor are kettles in your room- I know people with kettles in their room. I'm not supposed to have fairy lights, but I do. its not often official people come into your room anyway.

I know, but just thought I'd point it out :smile: Not allowed fairy lights?!?!:eek3: We had them up all the time - in our kitchen aswell - and no one ever said anything:tongue:
*banana
I know, but just thought I'd point it out :smile: Not allowed fairy lights?!?!:eek3: We had them up all the time - in our kitchen aswell - and no one ever said anything:tongue:

yeah, no one really cares. They are supposed to be a fire risk.
Reply 84
I had a mini fridge last year on campus, largely because people kept swiping thigs from the main fridge in the kitchen. When an official search took place, I just transported it to my boyfriend's room across the square. :tongue:

I also knew somebody who had a kettle in their room. She was never caught.
El Nombre
I had a mini fridge last year on campus, largely because people kept swiping thigs from the main fridge in the kitchen. When an official search took place, I just transported it to my boyfriend's room across the square. :tongue:

I also knew somebody who had a kettle in their room. She was never caught.

I can do better- I was involved in a mad dash around Bowland main with a hamster when they did inspections... not my hamster, I may add. Actually, thinking about it, it was a rat. Called Scabbers. And yes, the owner was a mad Harry Potter fan.
Reply 86
Absinth
When did you Lancaster students move into accommodation? I'm doing Student Finance forms at the moment and I need to know when they can start contacting me through the uni address. Thanks!

It depends on your college.

This year (2008 entry) half the colleges, including Furness, moved in on the Saturday before Freshers Week (around Sept 27th I think it was) and the rest moved in on the Sunday, including County. Probably best to put the Monday of Freshers Week. That is Sept 30th 2009 I think. :smile:
Absinth
I found some more accommodation pics:

Fylde:

Bed1.jpg

Desk Total1.jpg

Door1.jpg

En Suite 1.jpg

En Suite 2.jpg

Hahha that's my old room :biggrin:
Reply 88
Absinth, Cartmel rooms are all absolutely identical to the ones posted above.
Reply 89
Absinth
I know this sounds like a rather strange question, but are there any standard rooms with no sink? If so, which colleges? Thanks.

I think there are no sinks in the standard rooms in Bowland Tower, but I can't remember which college has the tower at the moment.
Absinth
I know this sounds like a rather strange question, but are there any standard rooms with no sink? If so, which colleges? Thanks.

There were, in Bowland Tower, but thats being refurbished, so no.
Reply 91
HOW one is supposed to apply?
I have accepted the place long ago but they didnt send out accom packs- nothing!

PS: They say that Pendle is a POSH college is this true?

Thnx!
Reply 92
Also if you get accom sorted now, does it matter if you dont comein until 1st October?
I mean this isnt on a first come first serve basis that rooms are taken?!
Reply 93
They send accommodation packs in around June. You apply then, but nothing is actually allocated until after results day.
Reply 94
arghh can I apply now ive got Unconditional firm?!
what if im going away in may?
manDarinka
arghh can I apply now ive got Unconditional firm?!
what if im going away in may?

Nope, you can't. It's the same time for everyone.
Does anyone live in Cartmel or Pendle at all? Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms there?

Thanks
Mother_Russia
Does anyone live in Cartmel or Pendle at all? Does anyone have any pictures of the rooms there?

Thanks

I think there's a picture thread floating about somewhere.... the ensuite rooms in both are identical to the ensuite rooms in any other college.... Pendle Standard is quite decent, if I recall (only been in about two or three times).
Reply 98
Take a look at the pics on post 103 by jengerbill. All Cartmel rooms and Pendle ensuite are the same as this.
Reply 99
Hiya, could anyone tell me what the bowland standard rooms are like? like how many people share a flat and kitchen etc. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending