Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahewitt)
    Will we have an iron?

I'm in Fylde Superior Ensuite if it helps
    There's not usually an iron in the flat, but I think most colleges have some that you borrow from the porter's lodge on production of a library card.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahewitt)
    Will we have an iron?

I'm in Fylde Superior Ensuite if it helps
    After a month of uni, I bet you will only use it when absolutely necessary. I used it onced in a whole year...

The trick is after using the tumble dryer hang them up STRAIGHT away. then you dont need to. A hard shake does the trick too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i hope we get somewhere decent to stay, rang em up and the woman at accomodations said there's usually nothing left for clearing people! :/xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Does anybody know when we should expect to hear about accommodation then? Guessing its just however long as it takes. :\
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK thanks guys lol
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer County College -Townhouse Very happy

Anyone else in them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll send an email asking/nagging now, haven't heard anything yet and my flight tickets will probably sell out if it's gonna be much longer. Should be a nice excuse eh? anyway, I don't want to call as the international call would be so expensive - which is the best email adress to use?? accomodation@lancaster.ac.uk ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanna444)
    I think I'll send an email asking/nagging now, haven't heard anything yet and my flight tickets will probably sell out if it's gonna be much longer. Should be a nice excuse eh? anyway, I don't want to call as the international call would be so expensive - which is the best email adress to use?? accomodation@lancaster.ac.uk ?
    Maybe... or it might be worth emailing the cro of your 1st choice college - go direct to the source. Or, email anyone and everyone and then hopefully someone will reply :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *banana)
    Maybe... or it might be worth emailing the cro of your 1st choice college - go direct to the source. Or, email anyone and everyone and then hopefully someone will reply :p:
    Haha. I'll try that accomodation one first and see what happens. If nothing does, I'll go for your tip
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My Cred card cannot be authorised! I am gonna sit and cry. What should I do?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solen)
    contact your bank to find out the problem. The tell the uni you are trying to pay but there is a slight problem and you are endeavouring to sort it out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solen)
    This has happened to me a couple of times as it's a large payment that you don't make often so may have been flagged by fraud detection. As Ponpon said a phone call should sort it out!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can students go off campus after the michaelmas term ? Or do we have to stay on campus the full year ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anish220)
    Can students go off campus after the michaelmas term ? Or do we have to stay on campus the full year ?
    You sign the contract for the year so are liable for rent for the full term of the contract unless you find someone to take your room (who is not vacating other uni accommodation) who is acceptable to the cro.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyT)
    This has happened to me a couple of times as it's a large payment that you don't make often so may have been flagged by fraud detection. As Ponpon said a phone call should sort it out!
    Thank you guys. This was only my dumbness, but I managed to pay for it. Ufff
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I was just wondering do you know when we find out our room numbers and when we get our keys? Do we get a email or is it all sorted out in October?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishy_Blackburn)
    Guys, I was just wondering do you know when we find out our room numbers and when we get our keys? Do we get a email or is it all sorted out in October?
    On Moving In day. You'll register first with the College, and then collect your keys from the Porters - Just tell them your name and they'll have a list with all the information on to work from.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    All sorted when we arrive I believe, since they're not actually allowed to give any more details.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    On Moving In day. You'll register first with the College, and then collect your keys from the Porters - Just tell them your name and they'll have a list with all the information on to work from.
    Okay, cheers!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestie)
    You sign the contract for the year so are liable for rent for the full term of the contract unless you find someone to take your room (who is not vacating other uni accommodation) who is acceptable to the cro.
    Oh! I actually applied for a standard room but they gave me a superior en suite room. Being an international student, I have to stay on campus at least for some amount of time. My friend told me that I can talk to the accommodation officer once I arrive and see if there are any rooms available as a few students don't come and a few would want an en suite room.

How likely is this to happen ? En suite room is kinda expensive. I really want to switch to a standard room.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 16, 2014
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.