The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

anish220
Oh! I actually applied for a standard room but they gave me a superior en suite room. Being an international student, I have to stay on campus at least for some amount of time. My friend told me that I can talk to the accommodation officer once I arrive and see if there are any rooms available as a few students don't come and a few would want an en suite room.

How likely is this to happen ? En suite room is kinda expensive. I really want to switch to a standard room.

Thats terrible! Ring them and talk to them about it. Thing is there are LOTS of people who put down the ensuites as their first choice (or townhouses which are similar) and got given standard!!! Mention this on the phone...
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Im the same.... applied for standard and got en - suite..... now can't afford food....

1st choice Pendle STANDARD 2nd choice Grizedale STANDARD..... why would they think i want a fancy en - suite room????

:banghead:
Reply 1042
After you paid the deposit do you just get an email to confirm it has been paid and nothing else?
Devel
After you paid the deposit do you just get an email to confirm it has been paid and nothing else?

Oui. :smile:
Reply 1044
RedRevolver
Oui. :smile:

Cool, after I didnt get an email about my offer even thou I had it I just wanted to check. :awesome:
Devel
Cool, after I didnt get an email about my offer even thou I had it I just wanted to check. :awesome:

I haven't got an email confirming my deposit's gone through even though it says I've accepted my offer.

Oh & I know this probably doesn't belong here, but I've just completed my pre-registration and on the form im supposed to print out it says No College, is that bad or does it mean they just havent had time to process my college acceptance so that's why it hasn't shown up.

Thanks!
Reply 1046
ponpon14
Thats terrible! Ring them and talk to them about it. Thing is there are LOTS of people who put down the ensuites as their first choice (or townhouses which are similar) and got given standard!!! Mention this on the phone...

I did. In fact, I spoke to my international counselor and she herself contacted them regarding this. But they were like "His only option right now is to accept the offer or else he'll have to stay off campus as there are no standard rooms available." :mad:

This is my first time in the UK, so there's no way I can stay off campus and I gotta stay in a fancy room which I don't need. Great.. :banghead:
Reply 1047
flash00009
Im the same.... applied for standard and got en - suite..... now can't afford food....

1st choice Pendle STANDARD 2nd choice Grizedale STANDARD..... why would they think i want a fancy en - suite room????

:banghead:

Exactly!!! I seriously don't need an en suite room. What are you planning to do then ? Accept the offer or live off campus ???
Reply 1048
Wow, seems like people are pretty much offered stuff at random!! I mean some people are getting stuck with what others put as their first choice but didn't get and vice-versa...

Getting kinda nervous here, now a Clearing applicant got offered County which was my first choice and I haven't heard anything yet! Gaah, how hard can it be?? Oh well.. As long as I get something!
They definitely NOT should be forcing people to pay for something they cannot afford. Email your CRO and tell them they either help you sort this out, or you'll starve to death in your big fancy room.
This situation is ridiculous - im feeling ashamed of the residence officers now! They have actually messed up. I think you should all go forward and make an official complain pointing out that there are people in standard who wanted ensuite and vece versa... I think an official complaint would mean they HAVE to look at the mistakes theyve made.
Reply 1051
Playing devil's advocate here but you don't have to accept the offer, there is plenty of cheap off-campus accommodation to be had. In the end they can't give everyone what they want so those who can't are offered what is left.

If you want to look off campus try LUSU Housing, University of Cumbria private housing, spareroom, gumtree ect. A friend of mine got a cheap double room Thursday so there's still some about.

If not look at student loans, borrowing from parents, getting a job, bank overdrafts ect. to cover the rent.
Reply 1052
How much is the deposit?
Emiliola
How much is the deposit?

£190
Are the Furness Superior Ensuite blocks likely to be the ones with keycards rather than actual keys to get in/out?
RedRevolver
Are the Furness Superior Ensuite blocks likely to be the ones with keycards rather than actual keys to get in/out?

Very very (99%) Likely.
RedRevolver

yes they all are.
ponpon14
Very very (99%) Likely.

Ah that's good I think. I'm more likely to keep a keycard safely than an actual key. :p:
Is that the same with all/most superior ensuite or is it a Furness thing? :p:
Sheepmaster317
Is that the same with all/most superior ensuite or is it a Furness thing? :p:

Im pretty much sure its everywhere since theyreall fairly new.

Warning - be careul with them. My friend dropped his and it shattered....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending