Furnessians! :awesome:

Woo! :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Lizj
Oh, your question got a bit lost in the other thread. :frown:
Don't panic too much, if you don't get on campus you will be contacted by the uni and invited to a house-finding day before the start of term (well, they did one last year so I assume they will do the same this year.)
If not, there are websites than can help you find somewhere, such as Yellow Door Lets, Student Housing Lancaster. And LUSU might have some rooms on their listings too.
Good luck: the university accommodation office will help you all they can and I'm sure you will get something.

This sounds really disappointing, two of the attractions of Lancaster were that it was a campus Uni and had abundant accommodation. This is an unexpected worry! And I guess the nearest, better student housing is all rented out already. Checked Yellow Door, their houses have all been taken. Anyone anything positive to say?
(edited 12 years ago)
has anybody had any experience of medical problems and being allocated accommodation?
i need an ensuite but i am an insurance student, they aren't being particularly helpful when i ask about my application. i have a doctors note saying that i require an on-campus ensuite room due to medical issues if that makes a difference...
Reply 1503
Original post by Anxiousmum
This sounds really disappointing, two of the attractions of Lancaster were that it was a campus Uni and had abundant accommodation. This is an unexpected worry! And I guess the nearest, better student housing is all rented out already. Checked Yellow Door, their houses have all been taken. Anyone anything positive to say?

Sadly, nothing positive to add :frown:

However, i'm in the exact same position, so I know how you're feeling. It's making me anxious as hell!:mad:
Original post by JontyC
Sadly, nothing positive to add :frown:

However, i'm in the exact same position, so I know how you're feeling. It's making me anxious as hell!:mad:

ty Maybe there'll be good news in tomorrow's emails.
Original post by Anxiousmum

I can't help you out in terms of finding accommodation, but I do know that generally there are some rooms on campus that become available as the first term goes on. I think because some of them are still in use by non-students at the start of term, some students will drop out, and I believe that some accommodation blocks are currently not fit for use due to some refurbishment work going on.

So hopefully the Uni will offer you a place on campus not too long into the term. I know a few people who were in your situation last year and all of them had a room on campus by the end of the first term.
Original post by mackemforever
I can't help you out in terms of finding accommodation, but I do know that generally there are some rooms on campus that become available as the first term goes on. I think because some of them are still in use by non-students at the start of term, some students will drop out, and I believe that some accommodation blocks are currently not fit for use due to some refurbishment work going on.

So hopefully the Uni will offer you a place on campus not too long into the term. I know a few people who were in your situation last year and all of them had a room on campus by the end of the first term.

Cheers, that sounds a bit more positive
Reply 1507
Anyone not got an offer yet? Firm student and nothing. I may be annoying some people here saying the same thing every few days but just wondering lol. Will give them a ring on Monday if no word.
Reply 1508
wait until end of august then ring, maybe? i have no idea who runs the freshers facebook page but they keep saying everyone will get an email by the end of august.
Original post by Pyrao
Anyone not got an offer yet? Firm student and nothing. I may be annoying some people here saying the same thing every few days but just wondering lol. Will give them a ring on Monday if no word.

Its ban holiday on monday - no point ringin then!
Reply 1510
I'll ring Tuesday.
Reply 1511
Eugh, got an e-mail from them, saying i'll need to look for off-campus accommodation, not cool! :frown:
got an email saying i won't get accommodation despite a medical letter outlining my needs for an on campus ensuite room, fantastic. where do i stand? they have already left the offices now!
City Block might have rooms left. That is a private halls in the city centre [very central] which are all ensuite and inclusive of bills. :smile:

And Cable Street, which are private halls arranged into flats near Sainsbury's and the bus station. More info about the latter as the website is being redone.

For student houses, you could try Student Lets.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bringmesunshine
got an email saying i won't get accommodation despite a medical letter outlining my needs for an on campus ensuite room, fantastic. where do i stand? they have already left the offices now!

:hugs: Hope you find somewhere soon!
I may have totally misunderstood this but you know Resnet which is in the room to use on your laptop, does it let you browse the Internet as normal? From what I read I've got the impression it doesn't but I've probably just missed something really obvious.
Reply 1516
Man, I had Lancaster as my insurance, but I applied for my accomodation in june(unconditional offer), now i have to have of campus accomodation. wat a load of bull. Does anyone know where the best place to apply for is? Also what are the chances of getting of campus accomodation?
Original post by Naathan_b
I may have totally misunderstood this but you know Resnet which is in the room to use on your laptop, does it let you browse the Internet as normal? From what I read I've got the impression it doesn't but I've probably just missed something really obvious.

It does.

Resnet is just the university hub page through which you can access the university email system, library services etc.

Or this to be precise: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/homes/resnet/
Reply 1518
i've been wondering if they keep tabs on internet use, like will we get told off for torrenting and stuff?
Original post by cambo211
It does.

Resnet is just the university hub page through which you can access the university email system, library services etc.

Or this to be precise: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/homes/resnet/

Oh right, thanks for explaining that :smile: do we have to bring are own Ethernet cable thingy to connect to it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending