Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naathan_b

Is it wise to bring all my food with me rather than waiting till I've moved in? What did people tend to do last year?

Good to bring non-perishables and then buy whatever else you need like milk/eggs/bread and so on when you get there.

Foods such as pasta and sauces are a good idea since they're quick to make and will last a while so you don't have to worry about shopping right away.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I'm in Bowland and I'm paying £102 a week for my ensuite. Would I be right in assuming I'm in the refurbished accommodation in Slaidburn House? It looks beautiful!
Reply 1642
Is it wise to bring all my food with me rather than waiting till I've moved in? What did people tend to do last year?

I am planning to have asda deliver my food on monday the 3rd
Reply 1643
Original post by embersglow
I'm in Bowland and I'm paying £102 a week for my ensuite. Would I be right in assuming I'm in the refurbished accommodation in Slaidburn House? It looks beautiful!

If it says 'upgraded ensuite' then yes you'll be in Slaidburn. I don't think the other accommodation has been refurbished.

I went to the ASDA in Morecambe and then moved all my stuff in alongside the food :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Keegan
If it says 'upgraded ensuite' then yes you'll be in Slaidburn. I don't think the other accommodation has been refurbished.

It just says ensuite but I'm still paying the upgrade price? The old ensuites cost about £90 a week I think which is why I'm a little confused!
Reply 1645
Original post by embersglow
It just says ensuite but I'm still paying the upgrade price? The old ensuites cost about £90 a week I think which is why I'm a little confused!

Hmm, then perhaps it could be Slaidburn House. The only other way I could see it being more expensive is if it were catered, but you'd notice that.

If you go on Facebook and like the 'Lancaster Accommodation' they'll be able to give you more help with a better understanding. Accommodation prices are not my forte! I'm just used to pointing at a number in an accommodation guide haha.
As there are no Superior Ensuite photos for Furness on the first page I thought I'd post mine :h:

Spoiler

Original post by DellaLouise
As there are no Superior Ensuite photos for Furness on the first page I thought I'd post mine :h:

Spoiler

Aww thats so cool :smile: I like what you've done with it!! :smile: Nice buntin.....
Reply 1648
Original post by Pyrao
Anyone know the exact payment dates for each term? I know the first payment is due on the 14th October.

Seeing as this wasn't answered, payment dates can be found on your Student Accomodation invoice. It SHOULD be in an email somewhere.
This is going to sound strraaaaaaaange and i'm not sure if anyone will make sense of it...
I'm in Furness - torver house (3rd floor) on campus and when it's windy at night my flatmates and I often hear really loud crashing/banging sounds that sound like bins falling over outside, it makes the floor shake and it's really loud haha. Happens like every half hour or so, woke me up a good few times last night. There aren't any bins in close enough vicinity to make that noise. It's like a clanging, banging sound. Well anyway before I sound too crazy, was just posting on the offchance that someone had experienced it and had any idea about what it was :laugh: Started to weird me out.
Dunno what it is, but this wind is so creepy at night. It blows so loudly, which is not very cool, especially as I watched Paranormal Activity 3 the other night. :tongue:
Original post by NightWatch
This is going to sound strraaaaaaaange and i'm not sure if anyone will make sense of it...
I'm in Furness - torver house (3rd floor) on campus and when it's windy at night my flatmates and I often hear really loud crashing/banging sounds that sound like bins falling over outside, it makes the floor shake and it's really loud haha. Happens like every half hour or so, woke me up a good few times last night. There aren't any bins in close enough vicinity to make that noise. It's like a clanging, banging sound. Well anyway before I sound too crazy, was just posting on the offchance that someone had experienced it and had any idea about what it was :laugh: Started to weird me out.

It could be the wind whipping past the bike rack thing between Furness and Fylde [if you are on the outside of the circle]. :smile:

You are quite exposed on the outside of those buildings. I was on the top floor of Greenodd last year - meant I had a great view of Blackpool tower, but also that there was no shelter at all. The wind would whip around the window frames and make the curtains move lol. :redface:
If any current students are thinking about next years accommodation and don't have anyone to live with yet, can I direct you to my thread in the accommodation classified forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1832123 :awesome:
Reply 1653
Original post by NightWatch

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1837913

Looking for another couple of housemates for next year. Virtually everybody I know is moving back onto campus which I refuse to, so me and a couple of mates need 2 or 3 more people to live with next year.

Read that thread if you're looking for somewhere.

Thanks.
Reply 1655
Original post by mackemforever
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1837913

Looking for another couple of housemates for next year. Virtually everybody I know is moving back onto campus which I refuse to, so me and a couple of mates need 2 or 3 more people to live with next year.

Read that thread if you're looking for somewhere.

Thanks.

Bump?
does anyone know if applying for a shared room is a good idea? i would like a room mate but worried we wouldn't get along for any reason
Original post by Superwoman
does anyone know if applying for a shared room is a good idea? i would like a room mate but worried we wouldn't get along for any reason

Shared rooms are quite rare. There are some twin studios and older shared rooms. I've always thought these rooms were either for people who applied to live together [as you can request to live with someone when you apply] or for accommodating people for the first few weeks of term if the demand for the rooms is too vast. :confused:
Having a quick look at accommodation now, can anyone tell me the main difference between basic standard/standard and basic en suite/en suite?
Reply 1659
Is anyone looking for a room on campus for the remaining of the year? I have to give up my ensuite room on Cartmel College so if anyone is looking to go on campus feel free to send me a pm or email!

Original post by Frampoid
Having a quick look at accommodation now, can anyone tell me the main difference between basic standard/standard and basic en suite/en suite?
Ensuite room means that you have your own bathroom.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending