The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Do I have to apply, even though it's only my insurance?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Circe
Do I have to apply, even though it's only my insurance?

yep! why didnt you just ask me that lol. It means if you dont get into your firm they can start placing you after results day. It also means if you do get into your firm they can just get rid of you off the list lol.... It takes 5 mins at the most.
Reply 162
I really liked the grizedal townhoueses and have put this as my first choice. However i am unsure as what to put for my second choice. Just woundering whether there are any differences between the county townhouses and Grizedale townhouses?.
Reply 163
chris4414
I really liked the grizedal townhoueses and have put this as my first choice. However i am unsure as what to put for my second choice. Just woundering whether there are any differences between the county townhouses and Grizedale townhouses?.

From looking at them and talking to people, I don't think there is any real difference - both are new and have the same features. The County ones are just at the far north of campus whereas the Grizedale ones are near George Fox. :smile:
Reply 164
I put Grizedale as my second choice, and wanted to put a townhouse, but couldn't see that option, so just put ensuire, and in the notes stated that if I was placed in Grizedale I would prefer a townhouse. Anyone else had this? And do you think this will be OK? Either way, its my second choice, hopefully Ill get into my first choice (Cartmel).
Reply 165
[QUOTE="sausagerollin"]Have you checked your junk mail? thats where mine was:smile:[/QUOTE

lol yeah, just found it in me junk mail from yesterday!! :rolleyes:
Reply 166
ponpon14
yep! why didnt you just ask me that lol. It means if you dont get into your firm they can start placing you after results day. It also means if you do get into your firm they can just get rid of you off the list lol.... It takes 5 mins at the most.

Oh ****. I didn't realize, but I got an email from them today. Is there a link?
Circe
Oh ****. I didn't realize, but I got an email from them today. Is there a link?

Nim its easy. It just satrted a yesterday anyway! ...

You need to open the attatchment on the email and it explains it all there.....

(ps i had to change my mind to bowland in the end...)
Reply 168
ponpon14
Nim its easy. It just satrted a yesterday anyway! ...

You need to open the attatchment on the email and it explains it all there.....

(ps i had to change my mind to bowland in the end...)

Right. I'll do that now then.
And Burdy, do you have federalism Unit 6 notes?
Reply 169
Hi there..!!! I just wanted to ask.. Im thinking of getting Standard rooms at either Furness or Grizedale (due to the low price obviously) but then, my main concern is the sharing of toilet/bathroom.. How many people precisely that will share the same toilet..?? :s-smilie:

Or should I just get a ensuite or townhouse..??
Reply 170
Nisa311
Hi there..!!! I just wanted to ask.. Im thinking of getting Standard rooms at either Furness or Grizedale (due to the low price obviously) but then, my main concern is the sharing of toilet/bathroom.. How many people precisely that will share the same toilet..?? :s-smilie:

I'm not entirely sure of the numbers, having never lived in standard, but I think it's normally around 10? Although it differs from one place to the next. The friends I have who live in standard have always said it's never a problem though.
Nisa311

Usually about ten. But, bear in mind, it is cleaned every day, and it's not just one toilet, one shower kind of thing- you'll probably have three toilets and two/three showers between that many. I've never had to wait for the loo/a shower.
Reply 172
10?!

Furness standard has flats of between 3 and 7. Those with 7 have two toilets/showers. Not sure about Grizedale but the figure for Pendle is two toilets/showers between 8. I thought the only place with such a high figure was Bowland [but that is just from rumour as I've never seen the Bowland standard accommodation]. :smile:

I am in a flat of 4 and sometimes you have to wait, just as you would at home. But, it isn't an issue and they are given at least a basic clean by the cleaners. :smile:
Reply 173
Does anyone know what Pendle and Grizedale standard rooms are like compared to Coutry Main and South standard rooms?
affinity89
10?!

Furness standard has flats of between 3 and 7. Those with 7 have two toilets/showers. Not sure about Grizedale but the figure for Pendle is two toilets/showers between 8. I thought the only place with such a high figure was Bowland [but that is just from rumour as I've never seen the Bowland standard accommodation]. :smile:

I am in a flat of 4 and sometimes you have to wait, just as you would at home. But, it isn't an issue and they are given at least a basic clean by the cleaners. :smile:

Bowland has between 10 and 17, really....
Reply 175
Hi,

I'm just filling in my accomodation form for Lancaster, and it says ay the bottom of the page "Sponsored student" with a tick-box. Since my Government loans will be paying for the rent, should I tick this box??
AmyJ
Hi,

I'm just filling in my accomodation form for Lancaster, and it says ay the bottom of the page "Sponsored student" with a tick-box. Since my Government loans will be paying for the rent, should I tick this box??

No, because you get the money and choose what to do with it. Thats for people who are paid for by a company, or whatever.
Reply 177
Teao the Cat
No, because you get the money and choose what to do with it. Thats for people who are paid for by a company, or whatever.

Oh right, that's what I thought, I left it blank :smile:
Reply 178
Crimea
Does anyone know what Pendle and Grizedale standard rooms are like compared to Coutry Main and South standard rooms?

County South standard rooms? Hmm... not sure about those. They're doing work in though so maybe they're putting some in above the bar.

County Main is superior standard. I'm not sure if the rooms are slightly bigger. It's 12 to a kitchen and there are sofas in the kitchens. I don't know about Pendle and Grizedale though - sorry!
Reply 179
Crimea

Don't know anything about County or Grizedale but I can help with Pendle. The standard rooms are located at the bottom of the spine, near the entrance to south west campus. They are positioned around a quad with returners and freshers on opposite sides, with the bar at one end.

The rooms are in flats of 8 [ground floor may be different to accommodate disabled rooms] with two toilets and two showers. The kitchens are reasonably sized with one oven - I don't think they have very much fridge space (maybe half/one shelf each). The communial areas are cleaned and the flats are quite secure as the flat door locks automatically.

The rooms are furnished like Furness Standard rooms with relatively old, but still useable, furniture with a desk featuring three draws, wardrobe with shelves, shelves on the wall, a "comfy" chair, normal chair and bed plus a sink and mirror. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending