The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Yes, you do but only if your house hold income is less than £25,000. The bursary consists of;
£1,000 cash bursary in the 1st year of study
£1,000 on-campus accommodation discount in the 1st year of study
£1,000 tuition fee waiver in the 1st year of study

If you achieve A*, A, A, you will receive a Lancaster bursary of £1,000 per year from your 2nd year.

You can apply for the Dangoor scholarship, the deadline is 1st August.

The above information can be found here
(edited 11 years ago)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1841
Does anyone know if I need to apply for accommodation if Lancaster is my insurance place?
Original post by BenUny
Does anyone know if I need to apply for accommodation if Lancaster is my insurance place?

Yes, you should.
Original post by BenUny

yes you do.
Original post by Lamb.
Out of all the upgraded standard accommodation on offer this year (bowland, furness, grizedale, pendle), which college offers the highest bathroom:student ratio? does anybody know how many are in each flat and would be sharing a kitchen? and does anybody have any insight into which college out of those is best? :P

also, is the extra £10 a week worth upgrading to a townhouse? i'm interested mostly in the social aspect to be honest, I'm sure I'll enjoy wherever I am once I've made friends :smile:

Probably not. You lose having a cleaner, sharing a kitchen with only a few people and you have to pay utilities. I don't know if you're including the £5/week stealth charge in that £10/week upgrade though.

You are right in the last aspect though.
The thing with my townhouse in first year was that the lounge was only really used when there was a TV there.
Anyone know the deadline for applying for accommodation to be given equal consideration?
Original post by vedderfan94
Anyone know the deadline for applying for accommodation to be given equal consideration?

Lancaster University
Incoming Undergraduates for whom Lancaster is their first choice university, and who have firmly accepted an offer via UCAS, are guaranteed a place in residence if they apply before 15 August. We will endeavour to accommodate Insurance and Clearing students but are unable to guarantee this, though the Students' Union housing office is able to provide advice on accommodation off-campus.

Source: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/undergraduate.html
Reply 1847
Can anyone tell how how many people share a kitchen & dining area in the superior ensuite accommodation? If it changes anything the three colleges I am looking at are Furness, Fylde and Grizedale.
Anyone had any offers yet? Haven't heard anything myself!
Please note: We do not allocate undergraduate rooms until the UK exam results are published in mid August, and offers to those confirmed as attending are sent out thereafter.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/accommodation/undergraduate.html
Reply 1850
Original post by BenUny
Can anyone tell how how many people share a kitchen & dining area in the superior ensuite accommodation? If it changes anything the three colleges I am looking at are Furness, Fylde and Grizedale.

Furness & Fylde are 8 to one kitchen and Grizedale is 6 to one kitchen with a little living space.
Reply 1851
Has anyone ever rented property privately with friends?

How lenient are the property agents / land lords when it comes to paying? Say, you don't have any funds available to pay for rent by a week, would they be okay with it? Just wondering as sometimes the student finance payments can be late.

Also, how much is gas & electricity normally (per week/month) if renting privately? I am aware that figures are dependent for each tenant but it would be great as an estimate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by IJC
Furness & Fylde are 8 to one kitchen and Grizedale is 6 to one kitchen with a little living space.

Do you know what the student to kitchen ratio is for Cartmel superior ensuite please!?
Reply 1853
Original post by buttercup94
Do you know what the student to kitchen ratio is for Cartmel superior ensuite please!?

8 to one kitchen :smile:
Reply 1854
Hey, can anyone help me? I thought I'd applied for accommodation, but I just logged in to the accommodation website and there's no evidence of me having done so. Should I apply again?
Stupidly lost my student number for the accommodation website - assumed they just wanted my UCAS number but this was not the case! How can I retrieve this, preferably without having to email them and exposing myself as the idiot that I am? No emails or anything in my inbox with the relevant info...
Reply 1856
Original post by miss.brightside
Stupidly lost my student number for the accommodation website - assumed they just wanted my UCAS number but this was not the case! How can I retrieve this, preferably without having to email them and exposing myself as the idiot that I am? No emails or anything in my inbox with the relevant info...

Do you have a library card? if not, email the university to retrieve it.
Original post by miss.brightside

Even in SPAM?

They were e-mailing me like every week to remind that I need to choose my accommodation. :smile:
And there was that student number in those e-mails.
Reply 1858
I've been offered a County Superior Standard room and was just wondering if this has happened with anyone else, seeing as there was that whole thing about it not being an option for first years.
Is it even worth fussing over? I thought I'd ask here before I get all worked up and send an email to the uni :rolleyes:
Original post by ehc
I've been offered a County Superior Standard room and was just wondering if this has happened with anyone else, seeing as there was that whole thing about it not being an option for first years.
Is it even worth fussing over? I thought I'd ask here before I get all worked up and send an email to the uni :rolleyes:

I think basically there were only a few flats left, so they didn't want lots of people to put it as their first choice due to them not being able to offer it. I'm sure it's all fine and you'll be staying with freshers most likely, so I wouldn't worry.
Contact the uni for peace of mind, but even so I'd say It's all fine :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending