The Student Room Group

Famine case studies for A2 Geography coursework

Does any one know any decent case studies for famine? I'm getting a book on the Great Irish Famine but are there any more. I know Sudan and Ethopia are hotspots for this but research for this mostly the internet is giving me rubbish answers as they're all in differen time periods and i would like to concentrate on a set free. Internet from what I have research, i cant find anything in depth enough for coursework so if there's any good links around, much appreicated if i could have them. AND DATA, must have data which is proabaly why i cant find anything good enough as it sorta sketches through everything. Thanks :biggrin:
For a really up-to-date case study, try Kenya.

What sort of stats are you after?

There's a case study of North Korea here, but it is about a famine which was predicted and never occured! However, there seem to be a lot of stats in it (I haven't fully read it though, to be honest!), and you could mention it briefly or something.
Reply 2
dlg3579
Does any one know any decent case studies for famine? I'm getting a book on the Great Irish Famine but are there any more. I know Sudan and Ethopia are hotspots for this but research for this mostly the internet is giving me rubbish answers as they're all in differen time periods and i would like to concentrate on a set free. Internet from what I have research, i cant find anything in depth enough for coursework so if there's any good links around, much appreicated if i could have them. AND DATA, must have data which is proabaly why i cant find anything good enough as it sorta sketches through everything. Thanks :biggrin:

i used zimbabwe, ethiopia, ukraine / ussr and ireland

zimbabwe is good because of the lancaster house agreement, irelande because of robert peel, ukraine with the acts against the kulaks and i cant remember why i did ethiopia now

i got 100% so there must be enough information on the net if you put in the time to look for it

Latest

Trending

Trending