The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lol i agree drvas. i had just come off the phone with my other best mate who has decided to scream down the phone telling me she has an interview at our first choice med school. we have applied to the exact same courses at the exact same unis and i just cant understand why this is happening. it's ridiculous. our applications were very similar but she has 1 more A at gcse than me
Reply 41
sd91
lol i agree drvas. i had just come off the phone with my other best mate who has decided to scream down the phone telling me she has an interview at our first choice med school. we have applied to the exact same courses at the exact same unis and i just cant understand why this is happening. it's ridiculous. our applications were very similar but she has 1 more A at gcse than me

Lets Face it they gag for their As:mad:

and i would have thought 3 A*s make up for at least 5 As :frown:, obviously they hate me. (Stupid GCSE grades (which i think are fantastic and always will) + stupid UKCCT(UKCAT) + AL60ST(BMAT)))
Reply 42
yeah but 1. they're off thier heads seriously - it's absolute madness. i want to kill the ukcat. after we get offers we should burn all pearson testing centres down
sd91
yeah but 1. they're off thier heads seriously - it's absolute madness. i want to kill the ukcat. after we get offers we should burn all pearson testing centres down

No! think of all those who will not be able to do their thoery test!
Reply 44
sd91

Once we are in medical school.

We should all get together, teach a monkey how to click and get Lord Darzi to do the UKCAT

and compare the score.

It will show that the Monkey is a better doc that Lord Darzi.
Reply 45
bit offtopic but, it is surprising how many so many tutors discourage their applicants, lol arent they meant to be supportive and all that:mad:
sd91

*I should have passed my driving theory by then....*

I agree.
sd91

That would be fun :colone:

woo woo fire :woo:

:ninja:
Reply 48
shriya
bit offtopic but, it is surprising how many so many tutors discourage their applicants, lol arent they meant to be supportive and all that:mad:

Cause the dont want to see people suffer.
shriya

My "Careers Advisor" told me not to apply to Edinburgh because I had a 2 at Standard Grade, and so wouldn't get in.

To put it in perspective it's like sitting 8 GCSEs and have 7A* and one A.
Reply 50
DrVas
Cause the dont want to see people suffer.

well yeah, they can say stuff like you know it is very hard to get a place are you sure you have a back up plan,in case you dont get in,have you done your research yadda yadda... but just saying something like,oh you will get four rejections is not just harsh but downright rude and the stupidest suggestion that i have heard is teachers telling students you should apply for gep medicine,as if thats a cakewalk:rolleyes:
Reply 51
OriginofSymmetry
My "Careers Advisor" told me not to apply to Edinburgh because I had a 2 at Standard Grade, and so wouldn't get in.

To put it in perspective it's like sitting 8 GCSEs and have 7A* and one A.

so did you apply there?:shifty:
shriya
so did you apply there?:shifty:

Yeah, and I got in.

Seriously, don't listen to these tutors. If you believe you can do it. You can. TSR really opened my eyes just searching through last years offers threads.
Reply 53
few medical applicants at my school

1 cambridge
1 queens
1 Kcl
then loads at other top 10 unis

think 2 don't have offers yet, and only 1 doesn't have an interview
Reply 54
OriginofSymmetry
Yeah, and I got in.

Seriously, don't listen to these tutors. If you believe you can do it. You can. TSR really opened my eyes just searching through last years offers threads.

congrats:biggrin: and you know this is what i mean,some schools are like,unless you dont have straight A* at gcse and straight As at As you dont stand a hope in hell:rolleyes: schools should be more supportive..:s-smilie:
shriya
congrats:biggrin: and you know this is what i mean,some schools are like,unless you dont have straight A* at gcse and straight As at As you dont stand a hope in hell:rolleyes: schools should be more supportive..:s-smilie:

I know. Especially to something like Medicine, in which academics are important, but non-academics are equally important. They seem to have the idea in their head that every other Med applicant is Head Boy/Girl, captain of the rugby squad, a genius and teaches kids to learn and write while volunteering in an old folk's home. Eh, sorry, it's just not like that.
3 pages already !!! I didnt even see this thread until now...

30 people are applying for medicien from my college...it would be nice if all 30 of us got in. So, far 4 offers came. 1 nottingham and 3 QMUL's. Yay them.

I cant quote all 30 people lol. Sorry... Most popular seems to be UCL and imperial i think.14 of us sat the BMAT. So yeah.

So yeah.. COUNT ME in. hehe...
OriginofSymmetry
Yeah, and I got in.

I agree. My parents always tell me how teachers told my brother he couldn't get into oxford, but he tried anyways and got a low offer... This was like 14 years ago though :shifty:
Reply 58
OriginofSymmetry
I know. Especially to something like Medicine, in which academics are important, but non-academics are equally important. They seem to have the idea in their head that every other Med applicant is Head Boy/Girl, captain of the rugby squad, a genius and teaches kids to learn and write while volunteering in an old folk's home. Eh, sorry, it's just not like that.

totally agree:biggrin:
sd91

HAHAHAHHAHA I hope UKCAT doesnt sue TSR for cursing them down multiple times !

crazylemon
No! think of all those who will not be able to do their thoery test!

Think of all those whose lives could be saved or atleast changed, if more potential people would hold offers by now...more docs :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending