Reply 2
Yes
I'd say no. :dontknow:
no /end thread kthxbaiii
Reply 5
Noooooooooooo
Reply 6
the uk is divided the scottish ,welsh

scottish althought they wanna be seperate are only too happy to accept our taxes from england
Reply 7
your forgetting the cornish aswell, we like to consider ourselfs seperate to the rest of the uk
Reply 8
zjohn
scottish althought they wanna be seperate are only too happy to accept our taxes from england

:rolleyes: ignorance is bliss, eh?
NO!

If you are born in Wales... You are Welsh and have your culture.
If you are born in Ireland... You are Irish and ^.
If you are born in Scotland... You are Scottish and ^.
Now if you are born in England... you are "British".

The Welsh and Scots can easily act like they aren't part of the UK like the UK acts like they aren't part of Europe. We aren't connected at all.
The only possible sticking point I can see would be Northern Ireland. Where there hasn't been much violence in the past 10 years or so.

As for the rest of us, yes, we're wholly united. I don't see much in the way of Welsh insurrections.
Reply 11
Hmm...ideologically speaking I would say no. Lots of segrgation there.

Politically - well there has been a real devolution since the Scottish were allowed their own Parliament and Ireland and Wales their own assemblies.

Geographically...I have it on good authority that the Scots are going to increase the height of Hadrian's wall and the Welsh will dig big ditches to cut further increase the anglo-cymru border :o:
Heh, no.

Tbh, I'm not reallty looking at it in terms of relations between the substituent countries but more so the cultural structure of where live, England. I think despite it being thoroughly multi-cultural there's still alot of ignorance and segregation here. As a result, on the English front you can't strictly or generally call us a united people. And if England isn't united itself, then I don't think it's fair to expect the country to be united with others.
Reply 13
The answer is easily no considering that many Scots want independence from the UK.
Reply 14
No because the Irish Sea is situated between Mainland and Ireland, the United Kingdom also contains a further number of Islands not united to one central land mass!

Its a dumb question unless you have never seen google earth or even at atlas or a map on the wall!
There will be no United kingdon as long as the english see themselves as the leader of the nation...
Reply 16
At the time of the Olympics
yess
No, but Manchester is United. :biggrin:
Reply 18
Danielle89
There will be no United kingdon as long as the english see themselves as the leader of the nation...

You scots have this theory that we think we're better than you, truth is that we often forget you're there. You guys get worked up over a country that often has no opinion on you.

It is a shame, you are all alright when you're not spouting that anti English crap.
biodude
your forgetting the cornish aswell, we like to consider ourselfs seperate to the rest of the uk

And the Scouse and some Londoners too believe it or not.