Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The BBC Hustle Society

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studenteyes)
    as much as i LOVE hustle... re-watch episode 1 from series 1!! the con sound familiar??
    They have done the con before, yes. Using the exact same aliases too (King Cole). Kinda disappointing that it's just a rework of an old con for the 'big finale'.. *sigh*

As a finale I thought it was fairly poor tbh. Would have been a good series episode, but didn't quite live up to (my) expectations for a 'grande finale' to see off the brilliant show.

Anyone else feel sorry for Eddie, though? I thought his send-off was the worst of the lot... Just being treated like dirt by Ash (and the others), as if his involvement for the whole 8 series was negligible... Almost seemed lazy script-writing.

Really wish they'd finished it off better, because the rest of series and those preceding were excellent...
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I quite enjoyed last night's episode, something I wasn't expecting. It used to be one of my favourite shows until Stacy and Danny left, I only managed about half a season from that point before I found it boring and tedious. Aside from the very predictable ending I thought it was pretty good [=
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was both amazed and disappointed with this episode. It was a really good idea, I had no clue that Stacy was returning but I kinda knew Danny would be the enforcer from the clip at the beginning. You can see all that blonde hair sticking out of the cap plus why else would they not show his face.
    Also when they said he was Ukrainian I just thought Marc Warren could pass as Ukrainian. The phone call to the enforcer confirmed it as you could see the signature Danny stubble but his face was hidden. Why go to such great lengths to hide his face?

The end was kinda predictable. About 10 minutes in Ash is measuring Sean then Mickey. When I saw this I thought he's probably measuring them for something to wear to protect them. Suspicions confirmed when Sean comes out in that silly suit. It's inconspicuous unlike your standard bulletproof vest.

I've never really warmed to Kelly Adams as much as Jaime Murray. She irritates me. WTF does "Mickey Bricks, if you’ve ever been brilliant, please be brilliant now." How is that necessary. What was the point of that terrible line. It just ruined the entire scene. The fact that I had to hear it twice (the clip at the beginning and then again at the end) just frustrated me. And since when is she in love with Mickey? Such a dumb scene, she was not endearing. The scene was too random, i'd have thought Albert and Ash had more chemistry then Emma and Mickey!

Also I'm cool with people breaking the Fourth Wall from time to time but effin 'eck Mickey! What was with all the commentary? Felt like I was watching an Adrian Lester chat show at some points.

Loads of little complaints but overall it was good end but I'm kinda wondering why Eddie's bar looked like a film set........I think that's the real cliffhanger.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But.. Poor, poor Eddie. He's like a little lost kitten.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eddie was Keyser Soze tbph, the brains behind the whole operation.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Illuminati)
    I was both amazed and disappointed with this episode. It was a really good idea, I had no clue that Stacy was returning but I kinda knew Danny would be the enforcer from the clip at the beginning. You can see all that blonde hair sticking out of the cap plus why else would they not show his face.
    Also when they said he was Ukrainian I just thought Marc Warren could pass as Ukrainian. The phone call to the enforcer confirmed it as you could see the signature Danny stubble but his face was hidden. Why go to such great lengths to hide his face?

The end was kinda predictable. About 10 minutes in Ash is measuring Sean then Mickey. When I saw this I thought he's probably measuring them for something to wear to protect them. Suspicions confirmed when Sean comes out in that silly suit. It's inconspicuous unlike your standard bulletproof vest.

I've never really warmed to Kelly Adams as much as Jaime Murray. She irritates me. WTF does "Mickey Bricks, if you’ve ever been brilliant, please be brilliant now." How is that necessary. What was the point of that terrible line. It just ruined the entire scene. The fact that I had to hear it twice (the clip at the beginning and then again at the end) just frustrated me. And since when is she in love with Mickey? Such a dumb scene, she was not endearing. The scene was too random, i'd have thought Albert and Ash had more chemistry then Emma and Mickey!

Also I'm cool with people breaking the Fourth Wall from time to time but effin 'eck Mickey! What was with all the commentary? Felt like I was watching an Adrian Lester chat show at some points.

Loads of little complaints but overall it was good end but I'm kinda wondering why Eddie's bar looked like a film set........I think that's the real cliffhanger.
    Sorry, but have you watched it all the way through? Because, whether right or not, I think the finale was for fans who were there from the off. You don't seem to get it. "Fourth wall" trolollollol...a regular theme of the early runs was talking to camera.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Sorry, but have you watched it all the way through? Because, whether right or not, I think the finale was for fans who were there from the off. You don't seem to get it. "Fourth wall" trolollollol...a regular theme of the early runs was talking to camera.
    I have been a fan from series 1 episode 1. I know they break the 4th wall often but I thought it was a bit too much in this one particular episode in my opinion
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been a fan from series 1 episode 1. I know they break the 4th wall often but I thought it was a bit too much in this one particular episode in my opinion
    Ok
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree I thought the breaking of the 4th wall was a bit too much, especially at the end when they were leaving Eddie's bar.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Unrelated to plot/how much we love Hustle, but does anybody know the name/link of the track that was playing during the slo-mo part of the Episode where Emma was getting the office space?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to find it, and all I've found is this, which is probably what the BBC gurus remixed themselves. But it doesn't have the same beauty as the one played in the episode :sad:

Thanks all, and R.I.P. Hustle :sad:. 8 seasons of amusement. Thank you.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good ending I say
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NP473L)
    Unrelated to plot/how much we love Hustle, but does anybody know the name/link of the track that was playing during the slo-mo part of the Episode where Emma was getting the office space?

I've been tearing my hair out trying to find it, and all I've found is this, which is probably what the BBC gurus remixed themselves. But it doesn't have the same beauty as the one played in the episode :sad:

Thanks all, and R.I.P. Hustle :sad:. 8 seasons of amusement. Thank you.
    Ask in the Dubstep society thread.

Link them to iPlayer.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Ask in the Dubstep society thread.

Link them to iPlayer.
    Naah...it's good. I found it

But cheers anyway...sorry for clogging up this thread.

:grin:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Man Eddie got screwwwwedd, the bastards could of paid off their tab at least!
    • 157 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NP473L)
    Naah...it's good. I found it

But cheers anyway...sorry for clogging up this thread.

:grin:
    I was looking for that as well. :sogood:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I was looking for that as well. :sogood:
    Times like this makes me wish I had Shazam (so I could have saved myself several hours of heartache) :sigh:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I watched Hustle when it first started and love love loved it. I watched series 2 and then stopped, for no reason. However when it came back on for this season I thought I'd pick it up again.. However, I was really disappointed by the writing, it was never as clever as the first series, and the ending was always predictable. The marks were always caricatures of villains who would NEVER exist in real like, whereas it started off being about scamming bad people, and they were always realistic (greedy bankers etc). Also, Danny and Stacey had way more.. "edge" to them than the other two did.

Despite that, I watched a few episodes from this series, and just watched the finale. I enjoyed it wayyyy more than the others in the series, as the mark was just.. an evil man, rather than a larger than life caricature. I knew stacey was coming back from things I'd read, but I can honestly say I didn't expect Danny to come back. I knew (or rather, hoped) that they wouldn't all end up dead and there would be SOME way of them coming out on top, but to be honest it had me perplexed till the end, so I really enjoyed it. Good job on the finale (although still not as good as beginning episodes), shame about the replayed scam, but hey. I enjoyed it. It's a shame to see it go, but to be honest (and don't hurt me for saying this!) I think it should have ended a long time ago, to save all the re run scams and the mediocre writing when people starting running out of ideas. I think 3 series would have done it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 18, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.