The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
getinthevan
Stop moaning and saying "ohhh everything's ruiiinnnedd, I'll never get in nowww" then, you sound like Neil off the Young Ones. Stop trying to pass the buck, there's nothing we can do, and the only thing you can do is ring your tutor and get down on your knees!

Listen to the woman... she make sense, OP.
getinthevan
Except it is really, he's had since September...

Why does it matter though? I don't see what's at all constructive, useful or enjoyable about criticising him. I'm sure he's aware of what he could and should have done. Most people won't have done it until January and if he's had (unexpected) things stand in the way since then then maybe it's not his fault.
andyroo_g
Why does it matter though? I don't see what's at all constructive, useful or enjoyable about criticising him. I'm sure he's aware of what he could and should have done. Most people won't have done it until January and if he's had (unexpected) things stand in the way since then then maybe it's not his fault.

It's hardly fair on his tutors though, him sending it off this afternoon and expecting them just to do it, then him complaining they haven't done it? To be honest I don't see what good it'll do ringing UCAS cos any number of people will be ringing them with all sorts of excuses, that's what the deadline's for.
Reply 43
andyroo_g

People just enjoy having an elitist attitude of "it's your fault, stop trying to act so hard done by".

I recognise it's my own fault I'm just very stressed out as I really needed this.
getinthevan
It's hardly fair on his tutors though, him sending it off this afternoon and expecting them just to do it, then him complaining they haven't done it? To be honest I don't see what good it'll do ringing UCAS cos any number of people will be ringing them with all sorts of excuses, that's what the deadline's for.

I said that ringing UCAS probably wouldn't work.

Are you telling me that if you were in his position you wouldn't be stressing out? He's aware of his fault, why do you have to keep reinforcing it?
Reply 45
UCASUCKS
People just enjoy having an elitist attitude of "it's your fault, stop trying to act so hard done by".

I recognise it's my own fault I'm just very stressed out as I really needed this.

Mate, don't worry about it. I'm in the same boat as you with the application. But it's not the end of the world, we'll just have to hope that our respective Uni's come calling with offers.

I love how a good majority of people on here are so pretentious and smug, they think think they're going to succeed at Uni just because they sent off their UCAS in September.
If you apply late. As uni's have no obligation to consider you any more, do they still inform you of the outcome in some way? similarly to how you would be notified with a rejection,
Will they tell you ''unfortunately we do not accept applications after the deadline' or just leave you lingo basically?
andyroo_g
I said that ringing UCAS probably wouldn't work.

Are you telling me that if you were in his position you wouldn't be stressing out? He's aware of his fault, why do you have to keep reinforcing it?

It's the blaming it on other people which is the problem, and people trying to help and being called an idiot.
getinthevan
It's the blaming it on other people which is the problem, and people trying to help and being called an idiot.

He didn't blame anyone else though - not any more than is understandable considering the circumstances.
Im in the same boat as you by the way
and im still debating over the next 15 minutes weather to submit my self written reference, based on report from last year or not

But common sense is starting to prevail and im probably just gonna end up making a late application
andyroo_g
He didn't blame anyone else though - not any more than is understandable considering the circumstances.

It's not his tutors fault at all though, they can't do anything until it's sent off.
Reply 51
UCASUCKS

Ok, then cheer up, we'll be supporting you all the way :smile: Best of luck!
Educated_Thug
Im in the same boat as you by the way
and im still debating over the next 15 minutes weather to submit my self written reference, based on report from last year or not

But common sense is starting to prevail and im probably just gonna end up making a late application

I'm pretty sure you'd be better being one day late(?) than writing own your reference (is that even allowed?)
Reply 53
getinthevan

I did not call anybody trying to help me an IDIOT.

Go back and read and you will find this to be true.

And I'd also like to know if they refused to consider my application or just didnt contact you.
getinthevan
It's not his tutors fault at all though, they can't do anything until it's sent off.

Yes I know. I didn't say his blaming him/her is reasonable, but that it's understandable, considering the stress he's (probably) under.
Reply 55
OP, I wouldn't worry, I suspect your referee will get it off in the next day or so unless you've applied to really competitive courses, you are likely to get considered for most of them. Even Brunel... seeing as Brunel is always around in clearing, it's reasonable to say they'll look at late applicants.

No, you won't get first pick and you'll probably be left at the bottom of the pile for a few days but members of TSR tend to overreact quite a bit when it comes to anything to do with UCAS:rolleyes:. Admissions tutors are people just as well and if you really deserve a space but you've applied one or two days late, you'll probably still get the place.
Reply 56
Dijobla
OP, I wouldn't worry, I suspect your referee will get it off in the next day or so unless you've applied to really competitive courses, you are likely to get considered for most of them. Even Brunel... seeing as Brunel is always around in clearing, it's reasonable to say they'll look at late applicants.

No, you won't get first pick and you'll probably be left at the bottom of the pile for a few days but members of TSR tend to overreact quite a bit when it comes to anything to do with UCAS:rolleyes:. Admissions tutors are people just as well and if you really deserve a space but you've applied one or two days late, you'll probably still get the place.

Cheers mate, I hope so.

I guess worrying is essentially useless so I should just try and be positive.
UCASUCKS

And I'd also like to know if they refused to consider my application or just didnt contact you.

They won't refuse it but unless it is sent for consideration before 11:59 it will be classed as late and will be looked at after on-time applications. There is still a good chance of offers but it really does depend on the courses and universities you applied to.

To the person who wants to write their own reference - No this is not allowed, that is what your personal statement is for.
UCASUCKS

They have to contact you one way or the other. Admittedly, that might only be by putting rejected onto Track, but you'll definitely get something back.
Reply 59
If it has been sent to ucas, if you sign onto apply it will say either your ucas form is being processed by ucas, or that your referee still has a hold of it.
If you send it tomorrow, it will be classed as late, but seeing as its only the 16th january, they might give equal chance. If you feel that nervous, you can email the universities, but it may look bad trying to place blame on other people.
Don't worry about it, you still have ucas extra, clearing, route B if thats the kind of course, or there's always a gap year.
Hope you're ok. :smile: x

Latest

Trending

Trending