The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

andyroo_g
I'm pretty sure you'd be better being one day late(?) than writing own your reference (is that even allowed?)

No im certain its not allowed i wrote it out of desperation really, but didn't lie or exergrattrate anything at all, just wrote down what was written on the report by the subject teacher but changed the wording. Very convincing i must say but the relief of submitting it today will probably end in tears if get found out
Reply 61
So, my fellow late applicants, let's just all chill out and hope for the best. Nothing we can do now. But the sooner it's in, the better it is for us. I assume we'll have an advantage over all the clearing applicants, so that's a plus.
Reply 62
getinthevan
Except it is really, he's had since September...

yeah and he's had a tough time...give him a break.
Reply 63
I think you will be considered an late applicant about....now. So just forget about it now, it's all in the past, what you need to concentrate on now is whether you want to be considered as late, or wait till UCAS Extra or whatever.
-Sofi-
yeah and he's had a tough time...give him a break.

I'm not saying he is, but there is the tiny wee chance he's lying. Therefore I reserve my right to be cynical.
Reply 65
getinthevan
I'm not saying he is, but there is the tiny wee chance he's lying. Therefore I reserve my right to be cynical.

Wow. Bet you feel big now eh.
Phobia27
what you need to concentrate on now is whether you want to be considered as late, or wait till UCAS Extra or whatever.

could you elaborate the difference please?
Reply 67
getinthevan

Even if he's lying, which I'm inclined to doubt, your being cynical has done nothing but make you look like an insensitive jerk... but of course, you're entitled to reserve that right :h:.

Contrary to popular belief, not every single student's priorities has been wholly consumed by UCAS since September. If you haven't noticed, a lot of things have been going on in the world. A late application is fairly minor in comparison.
Reply 68
Dijobla

Contrary to popular belief, not every single student's priorities has been wholly consumed by UCAS since September. If you haven't noticed, a lot of things have been going on in the world. A late application is fairly minor in comparison.

Could not of put it better myself.
Reply 69
getinthevan

Lying? Wtf? Why would I lie about my application not being processed?

Anyway, you've made your point in this thread...
getinthevan

Of course you do, but in the tiny wee chance that he's not, you're being unnecessarily cruel on a thread where he's asking for help.

OP, I applied to Brunel for mechanical engineering after the deadline last year and I got a place. Missing the deadline doesn't put you out of the running by any means. Are you applying for a very popular course? Good luck in any case.
Reply 71
what course are you applying for, and at which unis? Brunel goes into clearing quite a lot, I think. I wouldn't feel too disheartened, you still have a chance and, if you don't get accepted a lot of good universities go into Extra, and even Clearing.
UCASUCKS
Lying? Wtf? Why would I lie about my application not being processed?

Anyway, you've made your point in this thread...

Hence why I've stopped arguing, no point going round in circles, it's not going to get your application off on time is it? :o:
Reply 73
OhNO!
what course are you applying for, and at which unis? Brunel goes into clearing quite a lot, I think. I wouldn't feel too disheartened, you still have a chance and, if you don't get accepted a lot of good universities go into Extra, and even Clearing.

Business Management
Reply 74
I'm applying to do Media Studies at Bangor or Swansea, but my app will be late. Anyone applied for that?
Reply 75
OP, what course do you want to do? And at what universities?
x
Reply 76
getinthevan
Hence why I've stopped arguing, no point going round in circles, it's not going to get your application off on time is it? :o:

Yeah I didnt mean to offend anyone Im just very stressed out at the moment.
getinthevan

No, but it never was :s-smilie:

Are you admitting you're wrong? haha
UCASUCKS
Yeah I didnt mean to offend anyone Im just very stressed out at the moment.

Don't worry, apologies from me too :smile:
andyroo_g
No, but it never was :s-smilie:

Are you admitting you're wrong? haha

Nope.

Latest

Trending

Trending