Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ever acceptable to torture people for a greater cause?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    Haha, torture used for confessions? Wow, you lived in the Middle Ages or something? Why would you want a confession? You want to convict them? Torture is not admissable in court. Torture is used to extract information from military targets, people who have been captured in combat, things like that.

Sodium Thiapentol? OK, maybe not the middle ages, maybe the 1920s. I'm not talking about truth serums, I am talking about top secret ****, the torture gets the truth out the drugs **** up their brains so they dont even know what decade they are in.
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess you won't be citing any sources on that "top secret ****", pretty much making your post null and void.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    Haha, torture used for confessions? Wow, you lived in the Middle Ages or something? Why would you want a confession? You want to convict them? Torture is not admissable in court. Torture is used to extract information from military targets, people who have been captured in combat, things like that.

Sodium Thiapentol? OK, maybe not the middle ages, maybe the 1920s. I'm not talking about truth serums, I am talking about top secret ****, the torture gets the truth out the drugs **** up their brains so they dont even know what decade they are in.
    No, you want to be able to say "we've captured a bunch of dangerous terrorists, they have admitted to planning several terrorist attacks, give us more funding so that we can catch the rest". It's worked well enough for them up untill now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeh

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 18, 2009
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.