The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
bexicle89
Someone likes the Daily Mail.

i like the quiz pages in the middle:awesome:
Reply 21
The Mail's sports coverage isn't terrible either tbf (at least a lot better than than the red tops)
Erik.
The Mail's sports coverage isn't terrible either tbf (at least a lot better than than the red tops)

So you pass the irony of my post. The DM would applaud you on your choice of argument.
chaseside
Erm because usually older men have no business asking 15 year old girls out - which they always do.

The older a man gets the pervier he becomes.

Really? I'd say I'm at my peak right now though I could raise the level that little bit higher. :beard:
Reply 24
Erik.
when did this reach the point of being so endemic that younger people are physcially disgusted by the old? This is following on from another thread (about dating the 46 year old woman) and all the repsonding 'ewwww' type comments...

also have you noticed how young females often describe perfectly normal overtures from men 30 or 40+ as 'creepy' (whatever that actually means in real terms? ) when they would find identical overtures from younger men as perfectly acceptable and indeed flattering.

if you couple all this with the obsession of the media with proscribing that is important for people to look younger than their age and all the multi-billion pound cosmetics and surgery industries, does this all add up to some kind of deeply ingrained prejudice agains the middle-aged, as if to imply that people slowly become lepers as they get older and must become more ostracised by a youth-obsessed culture?

Only a reintroduction of strong authority and traditional ideas will remove these norms and values that are clearly so prevalent.
To be fair the old are largely prejudiced against the young, so it's swings and roundabouts really.
Reply 26
bexicle89
So you pass the irony of my post. The DM would applaud you on your choice of argument.

I missed your original post, I was just responding to someone saying the quiz section in the DM wasn't bad and further developing the idea that it has some small redeeming qualities.

I don't like the Daily Mail incidentally because it has too much misinformation and hyperbole and it's mission statement seems to be to cause hysteria and moral panic because that sells papers.

I don't read the Daily Mail enough (front pages at least) to know why you would think this story is characteristic of the Mail though?
Reply 27
Lol yeah pretty sad

It happens more in the West though. In other countries, age is respected
Reply 28
Mastermind`
Really? I'd say I'm at my peak right now though I could raise the level that little bit higher. :beard:

Tehe you're not a pervert now as the girls are of a similar age, when you get older and start 'preying' and attacking 18 year olds, that's when you become a pervert.

It happens to all men m' afraid :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending