The Student Room Group

Does anyone have any experience of “OZExperience“

Basically im going away to Australia soon and im staying in Sydney for the first bit. I want to travel up the East coast up to Cairns and was doing a bit of research on the net and came up with this tour company. Does anyone have any experience with these people and traveled with them before. Im not too sure how it works but it looks good. Here is the website: http://www.ozexperience.com/ Can anybody give me any advice. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
I travelled with oz experience down the east coast.

It has advantages and disadvantages.

Firstly it is quite expensive compared to the other transport options. It only runs once a day every 2 days or so. So you may have to spend an extra day at some places waiting for the next bus. As theres only 1 bus a day, it can fill up very quickly leaving you stranded for even longer (We had to spend a week in a 1 street village with absoloutly nothing to do.. fun :P ).

On the plus side, it is a good way to meet people. If you are travelling at a normal sort of pace, you end up bumping into the same people several times as you all get Oz experience together.

Personally, unless money isnt an issue, I'd prefere to travel with Premier or Greyhound as they are alot more flexible and cheaper.
Reply 2
Oz Experience was awesome. I did Melbourne to Cairns, the buses are daily, all the drivers are friends and have stories to tell. They all know Australia better than anyone else. Sure it's more £ than the Greyhound, but that's simply a bus to get you from A to B and any old joe can get that bus, the OzEx is just for travellers and you'll meet loads and have the best time ever. Feel free to ask anymore Q's.
Reply 3
Oz Ex is not daily. Im holding the timetable in my hand now :wink: It goes mostly once every 2 days.
Reply 4
It's daily apart from maybe once a week when it doesn't leave from the odd town, such as Rainbow beach (you don't wanna get stuck there!)

Latest