The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

reems23
:eek: Are you telling me I wasted my 8 grand?

oh dear what a shame lol

I must say I am rather fascinated by this..Perhaps I should indulge myself..hmm :p:
I picked up a copy at my local used book store at a discount. It was only $7,000 so I feel like it was a HUGE bargain. What value!

First off, wow....just, wow. I used to think that my life was going nowhere, but I don't think I am going too far when I say that this book is a literary orgasm. I know, I know, you've read everything there is on Amazon and all you gained was 200 pounds, but this book changes everything; my sister tried to read the table of contents and her head exploded. True story.

:laughing:
Those reviews are hilarious! I'm such a geek! :biggrin:
Reply 23
I realized I had gained the knowledge to spontaneously teleport! That's right! I don't even need this junky telepod anymore.

Love it!
Reply 24
lmao this has made my day
Reply 25
that book is just, unbelieveable
HOW can they possibly work it out to cost that much
even if it was handwritten by blind people it should never cost that much

I would want it to be printed onto solid gold and for it to at least flash or do something clever
LOL :P
Jellybabe

this is what im gonna get you for your birthday
Reply 28
Wow.. phew I really felt like a nerd when I lol'ed at the reviews so I'm glad I wasnt the only one to find it funny. The only thing I wonder is what makes a 563 page book be worth $8500, I mean does it store the meaning of life or something?

I think it was best put by one reviewer when he said that a book this expensive should be hand-written by Feynman and Einstein and dedicated to the name of the reader, only then can someone buy it!
Who in their right mind would pay money like that for a book?! :eek:
The 8 grand one was bad enough but someone linked in one that was $11,000. The reviewer said he wished he'd bought a yacht instead of the book haha. Well, yes :rolleyes:
$1million mind! Just why?!
Actually magic :biggrin:

Latest