The Student Room Group

Australia Group Packages

Hey, I'm hoping to travel to Australia/New Zealand in April but as it's my first time travelling, i wouldn't feel too comfortable going totally by myself.Can't seem to find a company that does like a group/package thing to Australia though!

Real Gap's Thailand Experience sounds great as the company sort out your accomodation/ itillary and loads of people do the same programme. ( I understand some of the bad reviews Real Gap have, I just like the idea of going with a group/meeting people, so do't mind paying a bit extra) Anyone know of something similar that goes to Australia, where you go with a group?
look at oz intro
or do a search on statravel.co.uk
they have loads of differents group things so you shoudl be able to find something!
Reply 2
Bunac or CCUSA?
Reply 3
I did Oz Intro, it offered best value for money whilst still including all the accomodation, travel and activities.
Reply 4
Reue
I did Oz Intro, it offered best value for money whilst still including all the accomodation, travel and activities.

Oz Intro sounds really good! Only thing is that i was looking to go for a month and the programme is only for a week:eyeball: What did you do after the week finished?
Reply 5
chriztina27
Oz Intro sounds really good! Only thing is that i was looking to go for a month and the programme is only for a week:eyeball: What did you do after the week finished?

Lol, after the first week you go off and do whatever you want of corse! Most start travelling around Australia while some stay in Sydney to work before travelling.

Personally I went off for a road trip in a campervan around Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide before flying up to Cairns and comming down the east coast to finish up back in Sydney.
Oz intro, as far as I can tell, is just meant to set you up in Australia so that you know some people, have help finding a job and have all the things like bank accounts set up. It isn't a group scheme like volunteering placements, where you spend a month living in each other's pockets, it's meant to be setting you up for a new life (be that for a year or forever).

Reue, do you plan to stay in Australia? Any info about about how good Oz Intro were for helping you find work, or did you just go for the travelling? I'm interested in doing it after uni (long way off, but being on a gap year makes me consider these things!), but would probably want to find work straight away, so wondered how good they were for that? And is the work they find just barwork, or something a bit more long-term?
Reply 7
Joanna May
Reue, do you plan to stay in Australia? Any info about about how good Oz Intro were for helping you find work, or did you just go for the travelling? I'm interested in doing it after uni (long way off, but being on a gap year makes me consider these things!), but would probably want to find work straight away, so wondered how good they were for that? And is the work they find just barwork, or something a bit more long-term?

No I dont, I wanna get back to the UK in a bit to start work on setting up my own bar :wink:

Oz Intro dont help you find work. They put you in contact with 'Travellers at work' who can help you find work (But are utterly useless really :P )

Latest