The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

angelmxxx
I'm doing history (hopefully!) as part of css at hild bede, if that counts?

Hopefully going to the monday open day =]

I personally count it :wink:

Will see you there! Have you had your confirmation yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
all_that_glitters
Lol, we are very few and far between! And not many appear to have applied to Hild-Bede

Hey, congrats to all of you with offers!
Would you count ancient civilisations as history? I was going to take archaeology and history but they dont do it here :frown: Anyway, ancient civ sounds really interesting!

Are any of you going on the 24th/25th?
I have to get a train up which takes about six and a half hours! God, what i do for Durham! ha
loolypop
Hey, congrats to all of you with offers!
Would you count ancient civilisations as history? I was going to take archaeology and history but they dont do it here :frown: Anyway, ancient civ sounds really interesting!

Are any of you going on the 24th/25th?
I have to get a train up which takes about six and a half hours! God, what i do for Durham! ha

Haha, the train to Durham takes about 20 mins (if that) for me, because I live in Newcastle. So if you have any questions about the city please ask!
Also, I think I'll be going on the 24th/25th. I teach drum lessons on a Monday night so it would make sense for me to go then. Only just got my letter about it so I have to send that back pretty soon...
Heya!
I got an offer at Hild Bede for CSS. Going up on Monday 23rd / Tuesday :smile:
Reply 44
Hedgeman49
Haha, the train to Durham takes about 20 mins (if that) for me, because I live in Newcastle. So if you have any questions about the city please ask!
Also, I think I'll be going on the 24th/25th. I teach drum lessons on a Monday night so it would make sense for me to go then. Only just got my letter about it so I have to send that back pretty soon...

Thankyou! You're so lucky, darn distance!
I hear Newcastle has got the UK's largest shopping centre?
And perhaps i shall see you on the day!

Are any of you guys wondering what we'll be doing for the 'student organised entertainment' (I.e all those who are 18 go and get wasted ha?) But i won't be 18 so will i just have to stay behind and drink (according to the leaflet) "soft drinks and tea":erm:? (Not that i'm intending to get wasted)
Reply 45
lols no1 will notice if you go with the 18 ppl, i will be 18 but will have no ID due to a lack of drivers license atm. I am slightly wondering what it will entail :s-smilie:
Reply 46
They took us out to Loveshack where they were meant to be checking IDs on the door and were very proactively kicking people out, however they didn't check my ID or anyone in our group's. The college bar wasn't checking IDs either (guess they assumed everyone there was obviously 18, probably not likely to be served there if they know there is a bigger open day going on)
fudgesticks77
Heya!
I got an offer at Hild Bede for CSS. Going up on Monday 23rd / Tuesday :smile:

exactly the same as me =]
loolypop
Thankyou! You're so lucky, darn distance!
I hear Newcastle has got the UK's largest shopping centre?
And perhaps i shall see you on the day!

Are any of you guys wondering what we'll be doing for the 'student organised entertainment' (I.e all those who are 18 go and get wasted ha?) But i won't be 18 so will i just have to stay behind and drink (according to the leaflet) "soft drinks and tea":erm:? (Not that i'm intending to get wasted)

Newcastle does have a large shopping centre, though it's south of the river so technically it's not in Newcastle. It's called the Metro Centre and it is a beast of a thing. And yeah, look out for me. I'm 6'2" and my name is Simon. :tongue:
Reply 49
all_that_glitters
Lol, we are very few and far between! And not many appear to have applied to Hild-Bede :eek:

Do you know which open day you'll be attending yet, or...?

Congratulations on the offer by the way :biggrin:

I'm sure there are lots more history people...if not, then oh well!

I'm attending the 23rd/24th open day hopefully! I sent the form back a while ago, but haven't had any kind of confirmation. Hope it got there!

And thanks :biggrin: Congratulations to you too! And to everybody!
Reply 50
i got a little book thing with a timetable but its all on the website under post application open days - theres like a timetable for departments and one for colleges =]
angelmxxx
exactly the same as me =]

Woo, well done! :smile: Just need the 3 A's now....! When we stay overnight in the college do we share rooms?
fudgesticks77
Woo, well done! :smile: Just need the 3 A's now....! When we stay overnight in the college do we share rooms?

thankyou! exactly, i really should do some more work... :s-smilie:

I doubt it, since there are only 45 shared rooms in the whole college, and hardly anyone has to share when they actually live in. Not sure, though.
Reply 53
On my visit day I shared a room with one other (with space for a third in the room) in an ex-student room. However this was a physics only thing so when more people come they will presumably spread you out more.
Got my offer in the first week of January.
Reply 55
I will probably hang around for the open days, so I might meet some of you ... don't mention TSR in public though, you'll ruin my street cred :ninja:
Reply 56
Jelkin
I will probably hang around for the open days, so I might meet some of you ... don't mention TSR in public though, you'll ruin my street cred :ninja:

Hows t'vote for college union president going? :biggrin:
Reply 57
Mithra
Hows t'vote for college union president going? :biggrin:

Fail.

It's okay though, I'm over it. I mean, I would have loved to stay, but there are plenty of other things I can do ... if I don't get rejected from everything ... next year's prezzz will still do a great job, so no worries there. I'll be visiting as much as I can but sadly my family home is in Dorset ...
if anyone ends up staying in thorp building room number 3 please take care of it : )
Reply 59
Jelkin

There will be a kareoke thing but it's totally voluntary, then the reps will take everyone out to a club (probably Loveshack). Technically you shouldn't go if you're under 18 but, frankly, people do. Obviously if you're tired or not in the mood you don't have to go. Once out you will encounter other colleges on their open days and there'll probably be a bit of friendly banter/chanting to get everyone into the college spirit. If you fancy going home, you should tell a rep and they should walk you back.

Is there even any point trying to get into these places if you're under 18 and have no fake ID?

Latest