A = 67
B = 58

January 2008
A = 69
B = 60
June 2008
A = 68
B = 59

January 2009 (Estimate = ((Average(2007-2008))-(Average 2002-2008))+ (Average of 2007-2008))
A = 71
B = 61

ask me for rest.

Discussion

How is everyone feeling?

What have you yet to learn?

How is the revision Coming?

By DrVas

Scroll to see replies

I'm scared :O I just need to hit the past papers. The only thing I'm properly confident about is acylation and stuff. Totally petrified by NMR.. :s-smilie:
I wish they'd let us sit it now but they're making us wait till June. Which is stupid because then I'm going to have LOADS of exams. Pfft.
Reply 3
59/90 for an A in jan 02? goody, i just did that paper and got 64 thinking it was a B. I have got a few As in past papers so i'm fairly confdent, but when they throw in curves into acids and bases, I shrivel up and die and also the reduction of nitro arenes to form amines and the whole quarternay ammonia salt I just don't understand.
Thanks for the older past papers!
Hopefull this goes well!
Reply 5
Junker
59/90 for an A in jan 02? goody, i just did that paper and got 64 thinking it was a B. I have got a few As in past papers so i'm fairly confdent, but when they throw in curves into acids and bases, I shrivel up and die and also the reduction of nitro arenes to form amines and the whole quarternay ammonia salt I just don't understand.

I could not do 5 or 7 B + C in that paper at ALL
Reply 6
What you think of the notes?
Reply 7
DrVas
I could not do 5 or 7 B + C in that paper at ALL

5 was pretty straightforward I think, I didn't get full marks but 7/8 just need to read up on condensation polymerisation. As for 7C i agree but for B, i just put about the tests because I learnt them all and an equation for the white misty fumes, HCl. I think the section B overall was horrible though in comparison to the others. I dunno why, but when calculations are in section B I always get full marks.

As for the notes, they are awesome. I never knew they existed. They are like the holy grail to mod4 chemistry :smile:
Reply 8
DrVas
What you think of the notes?

Did you load the MS's too??

Even for June 08?? Cos I can scan it you now if you haven't.
Reply 9
sohanshah
Did you load the MS's too??

Even for June 08?? Cos I can scan it you now if you haven't.

Yea MS too.

i got the June 08 MS Digital copy.

But not the paper? you wanna scan that?
Reply 10
I'm freaking out :eek: I thought my revision was going ok.. it seems i know some stuff really really well, but some stuff, not at all. :frown: i.e. identifying weak & stong acid/bases, pH curves, equivalance. Meh, and i'm meant to be good at this sort of thing :frown:
becky.fm
I'm freaking out :eek: I thought my revision was going ok.. it seems i know some stuff really really well, but some stuff, not at all. :frown: i.e. identifying weak & stong acid/bases, pH curves, equivalance. Meh, and i'm meant to be good at this sort of thing :frown:

A similar thing happened to me actually. I revised loads and thought I was prepared for the mock I had. Turns out I couldn't count from 1-5, couldn't read the English language, and evidently couldn't do Chemistry. Great confidence booster before the exam huh!

Well Good Luck anyway. It's good to get rid of the anxieties before the real thing. It'll turn out fine, I'm sure.
I cant open the file :frown:
Sorted!
Got 80/9o on Jan 02 so very happy :biggrin: esp if A is actually 58 :biggrin:
Reply 14
I've had 1 A so far and the rest average B's. I just have to keep trying :s-smilie:
Reply 15
crazylemon
Sorted!
Got 80/9o on Jan 02 so very happy :biggrin: esp if A is actually 58 :biggrin:

I will get to that point too!

By the end of THIS day i WILL be smacking out 80/90s too.

Im getting there with those dirty aliphatic amines, Phenylamines:cool:

And then polymers, then all i need to do is learn Fragmentation and aim good to roll.
Reply 16
Fizzee
I've had 1 A so far and the rest average B's. I just have to keep trying :s-smilie:

At least you have done papers, im still learning the stuff haha.
DrVas
I will get to that point too!

By the end of THIS day i WILL be smacking out 80/90s too.

Im getting there with those dirty aliphatic amines, Phenylamines:cool:

And then polymers, then all i need to do is learn Fragmentation and aim good to roll.

Least that isnt too much to learn! If you want I can try and help with fragmenttation (warning I suck at explanation!)
88/90 on Jun 02 need to chase those elusive 2 marks :p:
Reply 18
crazylemon
Least that isnt too much to learn! If you want I can try and help with fragmenttation (warning I suck at explanation!)
88/90 on Jun 02 need to chase those elusive 2 marks :p:

Na ill easily understand the stuff. its just a matter of is there room inside that brain of mine.
DrVas
Na ill easily understand the stuff. its just a matter of is there room inside that brain of mine.

Im sure there is.

Edit- atleat you just ned to learn it. Some of my firends cant grasp nmr after being expliained it 4 times by the teacher

Latest

Trending

Trending