The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hippieglitter
I am not talking about english speakers, i couldnt care less about America, they do their own way. I am talking about here in England, we use a U in the word honour as we do in colour. Doing it differently in America, just cos there are more of them, does not make it standard here.

Ok. So we're getting somewhere. You now concede that I speak proper English (your original contention was that real spelling was illegitimate). That's good. Now accept that you write in a rather specific Victorian mold. Inspired by the Frogs!!!
Reply 21
bret
Ok. So we're getting somewhere. You now concede that I speak proper English (your original contention was that real spelling was illegitimate). That's good. Now accept that you write in a rather specific Victorian mold. Inspired by the Frogs!!!

Er. We've concluded you're talking ******** :yep:
Speaking only became part of the conversation when you mentioned Americans and as i said i don't care. I never said you couldn't speak English. You want to say zee, i say zed, i'm not bothered. I write in the same way most English people do in the modern world, just because the way your write was used before the way i write does not make it more accurate, you have to move with the times. You spent too long in America, after your ex apparently chased you out of the country.
Reply 23
hippieglitter
You spent too long in America, after your ex apparently chased you out of the country.

Ha ha ha, that's so true.
Reply 24
I like this bret fellow.

Latest

Trending

Trending