The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I heard they're demolishing all the old colleges to turn them into super futuristic spaceports with flying cars, meals in pill form and virtual reality lectures.
Reply 2
Square
I heard they're demolishing all the old colleges to turn them into super futuristic spaceports with flying cars, meals in pill form and virtual reality lectures.

:yep: :smile:
Reply 3
Does anyone know (cba to search) what that list of dates that's appearing everywhere is about?
Reply 4
Helenia
Does anyone know (cba to search) what that list of dates that's appearing everywhere is about?

ditto
Reply 5
Helenia

Dates listed on the Banners - © Frans Lanting/Corbis

Each of the dates listed on the streetlight banners somehow relates to the printed word. Cambridge academics have produced an incredible amount of influential scholarly texts, research papers, novels, poems and plays. Can you guess which each of the dates represents? Check back soon for the answers!

Apparently. seems a bit lame, I thought it was going to be something more exciting
Reply 6
1381 = either peasants revolt, or could potentially be to do with Lollardism (inspired by Wycliffe, who was from Oxford...).
Reply 8
1687- Newton's Principia
1859 -Origin of Species
Reply 9
In that case, it must be: 1381 - Wycliffe's English Bible.

Latest

Trending

Trending