The Student Room Group

Amazon Prime (1 month free trial)

Clicky for info

Took my trial yesterday afternoon, bought 2 books, ordered it at about 3 pm yesterday (Friday), receive it today at 10am (Sat)!! (Free next day delivery if you take the trial)

I'd give a shot, I recommend. :yep:

Edit:
If you do go for the trial, turn off auto upgrade in your account on Amazon!!!!! (Unless you do want the membership after the trial time)
If only I had known this before ordering several DVDs on Thursday :p:

I may look into trying it out as it seems a good offer, if you do it are you then made to pay for the subscription after it is up or can you try the trial and never look at it again?
spikeymike
They can't charge you without your permission anyway. :p:

You'd be surprised <_<

Yes, definitely turn off the auto upgrade option if you don't want any nasty surprises.

It is a really good service though. Ordering things at 6pm at getting them at your door the morning after is such a nice novelty.
Reply 3
Yeah used that a week ago. Ordered 2 CDs at 8pm Wed, arrived 12pm Thurs.
It doesn't matter if you don't, because if you forget (and therefore get charged) you send them an email and get a full refund as long as you did'nt use the service after your free trial ended.
Reply 5
I got it just before christmas cause i left it pretty late. It feels like magic ordering something at 6pm and having it arrive at your door at 8am the next day :p:
spikeymike
They can't charge you without your permission anyway. :p:

They charged me, without asking directly...

Though when you sign up for the free contract it says it is up to you to cancel it.

Be warned OP!
spikeymike
I'm glad I posted this thread. You DO have to turn off Auto upgrade!

Yeah you do, I never turned mine off but I haven't really noticed it. I think it's a yearly payment anyway? Stupid on my part though :s:
Reply 8
I used it, it's a really good free trial, I turned the auto-upgrade off, I'm glad they do tell you about the option in the email I got!
They charged my boyfriend £40 for this after the trial without his permission... eeek.

I don't really use Amazon much but it sounds quite cool! Shall have to keep it in mind if I buy anything from there :p:
Reply 10
Yeah my mum's got this, she orders loads of stuff from Amazon. The best thing about it is you can nominate 4 other people to receive it as well. So I get free next day delivery now as well :smile:
Reply 11
I'm so glad my mum subscribed because I live with her atm, which means I get it free too.
james99
Yeah my mum's got this, she orders loads of stuff from Amazon. The best thing about it is you can nominate 4 other people to receive it as well. So I get free next day delivery now as well :smile:

you can? I'm going to nominate and charge :colone:
Reply 13
arisk01
you can? I'm going to nominate and charge :colone:

Yep! Not sure if you can do it on the trial version though.
james99
Yep! Not sure if you can do it on the trial version though.

Nah, I'm already paying. Although if one were to do it with the trial version, you could take a month in turn, effectively giving 5 free months I think :beard:

Latest

Trending

Trending