The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 1
if you mean how far from Central London (tourist London) then it is 25 miles away, driving anywhere between 30-70 mins depends on time of day.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
If you mean London as a whole, its basically 5 mins away from the London Orbital (M25)
manakos
Can anybody answer me how far is from London by car. How long does a drive last? :confused:

I go with Chats estimate, it also depends where in London you're driving from. From Clapham Junction to Egham for me it takes roughly 40 mins, less on a good day. :smile:
Reply 4
It takes me 45 mins from North London.
Reply 5
I mean to go near Oxford Street for example by car from the parking of Royal Holloway?
Reply 6
manakos
I mean to go near Oxford Street for example by car from the parking of Royal Holloway?

as I said before its 25 miles. In the morning/evening during rush hour it can take 1.5 hours but usually takes an hour.
on a sunday or less busier times during the week, you could do it in 30 minutes
Reply 7
Completely unrelated to this thread but is anyone goin to the open day on wednesday the 9th out of interest?
Reply 8
jimmyjim
Completely unrelated to this thread but is anyone goin to the open day on wednesday the 9th out of interest?

Yes, I am going there that day
m0dm0
Yes, I am going there that day

Which is today, and which is why I saw quite a few bewildered faces earlier standing outside Founders :smile:
Reply 10
There's one on Saturday for undergraduates. I'm working in that one!
Reply 11
sneezyme
There's one on Saturday for undergraduates. I'm working in that one!

Lucky! How much do you get paid? I would like to help out at open days, but I don't know how to get involved...
Reply 12
hey what is the atmosphere like at Royal Holloway because when i went to the open day today all the students there seemed really serious and not very chirpy
Reply 13
Yes I get paid-£6 an hour, and also for the training the day before. It was really good fun and I enjoyed it. To answer your question, tthe students may have seemed serious, probably becuase you just bumped into people at a bad time. Mostly, everyone is really friendly and sociable.
jimmyjim
hey what is the atmosphere like at Royal Holloway because when i went to the open day today all the students there seemed really serious and not very chirpy

I thought that too when I went on an open day, but that was because I was nervous and convinced I would hate everything about it... :confused:

I would say there's a very relaxed and very friendly attitude. We're students, we're young, and we're brilliant and we don't like studying and sometimes don't know why we're here... :p:

I suspect you bumped into the students that spent their night productively going on a pub crawl and thus hadn't written their essay?!

Latest

Trending

Trending