The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SouthernFreerider
As at a-level really arent hard.

Mm I know and I have high As at AS so it's shouldn't be TOO problematic but still, it'd be an awful thing to happen.
serrellen
Lol I'm not even sure I want to go to Cambridge. I don't know if I'll cope :s-smilie:

I feel similar. I know the course is amazing and I want to study it but I can't help feeling that if I find it hard to motivate myself to do work at school how am I going to cope at Cambridge? Everyone I know who has an offer seems to be just really happy whereas it's brought a great deal of self-doubt to my mind.
Reply 22
psychokiller
I feel similar. I know the course is amazing and I want to study it but I can't help feeling that if I find it hard to motivate myself to do work at school how am I going to cope at Cambridge? Everyone I know who has an offer seems to be just really happy whereas it's brought a great deal of self-doubt to my mind.

Exactly. I'm not sure I have the self-discipline, even if I have the brains.
Reply 23
I need AAA, with two of those in Sociology and Psychology.

Which would be fine, except that my Sociology teacher is completely incompetent and knows virtually nothing about her subject (a fact our college well knows but has done nothing about) and my Psychology teacher was so bad that she's just been sacked! So, effectively, I've had to teach myself two out of four subjects whilst also trying to fit in UCAS applications and Cambridge interviews... and I'm not sure I've managed it all that well.

:frown: Rant over... I really hope the examiners are nice to me....
Reply 24
so terrified. i just can't imagine not being at cambridge this october :frown:
Reply 25
skagitup
so terrified. i just can't imagine not being at cambridge this october :frown:

Hmm, i thought you've got an offer from Oxford?
Reply 26
oh god, im worried like hell, if Manchester turn me down then I just dont know what i will do
I need to get 92% average UMS in each of my A-level subjects to meet my offer conditions.
I'm not terrified because I have a good insurance choice. However, having come this far, I would be pretty annoyed if I missed my offer.
I got a B in German AS and said on my SAQ that I didn't feel that was the grade I was capable of, and I thought I could do better in the summer.
Result - offered a place to read English at Robinson - AAA.

I am so terrified I am not going to get my A in German!
Reply 29
becky.fm
Hmm, i thought you've got an offer from Oxford?

:p:
Reply 30
Livilah
Guys, think yourselves lucky. Some of us didn't even get offers to make:mad: If you want to go enough you will make your offers with a little more effort

PS Well done to everyone, I don't want to sound like the green eyed monster, but it's hard to see you all discussing missing an offer when at least you got one.

I don't think it's luck
Im absolutely terrified!!!! Mine is 4A's at 90% in each subject which are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.... its chemistry that im most worried about- i find it SO difficult so ive had to start revising now!! i need 94% in it this year to get an average of 90%....ahhh!!
I'm so grateful to get an offer at Cambridge but i think its unrealistic and im just so worried and every time i think about it i get upset as that uni has put me through quite a tough time during the application process so i was so happy to receive an offer but then i found out the grades and cried! The time i have left until my exams is going to be very stressful im sure....... I'm definitely going to try my best to get those grades though and i hope all my work will pay off :smile:
pinkfairysophie
Im absolutely terrified!!!! Mine is 4A's at 90% in each subject which are maths, further maths, physics and chemistry.... its chemistry that im most worried about- i find it SO difficult so ive had to start revising now!! i need 94% in it this year to get an average of 90%....ahhh!!
I'm so grateful to get an offer at Cambridge but i think its unrealistic and im just so worried and every time i think about it i get upset as that uni has put me through quite a tough time during the application process so i was so happy to receive an offer but then i found out the grades and cried! The time i have left until my exams is going to be very stressful im sure....... I'm definitely going to try my best to get those grades though and i hope all my work will pay off :smile:

Yay, a fellow Newnham applicant. Pleased to meet you :biggrin: and at least you're not the only one with an insane offer.
Reply 33
pinkfairysophie

God, I feel for you. That offer is madness.
Seeing all the 4A offers and 90%+ things on here I feel really guilty, but yeah I'm having a fit that I'm going to miss my offer. There's no way in HELL I should really, just having to pretty much self teach the whole of physics A2 in couple of months really hasn't instilled me with barrels of confidence.

phil.
Reply 35
University isn't the be all and end all. Going to Cambridge won't make you "superior" in any way to anyone. Give it a rest, idiot.
Reply 36
serrellen
Ughh I hate revising... and now I feel doubly guilty if I don't because I can't fail to get into Cambridge, it would be soo awful!

I know how you feel. I think especially with oxbridge offers because you have to fight so hard to get it, the thought of losing it at the last minute is gut wrenching. On top of the fact that all your friends/family/what feels like the whole school know about it, so I'd feel like I'd let everyone down, not just myself.
tabbycat1
On top of the fact that all your friends/family/what feels like the whole school know about it, so I'd feel like I'd let everyone down, not just myself.

Same here. It's rare for anyone at my college to apply to Oxford or Cambridge, let alone get an offer, so some of the lecturers are fussing about it and making it seem like a huge deal. My family aren't stressing too much though, so it's not too bad.
Reply 38
Yuffie
University isn't the be all and end all. Going to Cambridge won't make you "superior" in any way to anyone. Give it a rest, idiot.

Hmmm... it's not really about being 'superior' to anyone. It's partly about wanting to go somewhere for an experience, partly about being given an opportunity that you don't want to screw up, and partly about proving to yourself that you can do it. Does that make us idiots? :s-smilie:
"Terrified"? No, too emotive. Concerned? Naturally, with STEP. This hasn't spurned any revisionary motivation; rather an increased realization that A Level physics and computing are both wasting my time. Fortunately, I only require an A in either physics or computing (and I'm not confident enough in either to warrant dropping the other; 2C1 > 1C1) so this freedom of choice coupled with high UMS from AS should permit me to crawl across the line. But of course, II and III will sort the men from the boys.

Latest

Trending

Trending