The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Probably, but I wouldn't do it.
Reply 2
Is it reasonable to have supervision classes scheduled every single weekend?

:P
If you care about your education you'll get it done. Lets face it, getting to uni is important and to do this passing exams is important. Once you're at uni you'll have plenty of time to go out at the weekend (and during the week most likely). Plus you have pretty much nothing to do in the summer, easter and winter breaks - when at uni you'll even be studying through them most likely (not so much summer, but then is the time for placements and fulltime summer jobs).

Man up and read the book. You havent got much time left, Im assuming you went out this weekend, didnt read the book and are now hoping people will reassure you that others wont have read it either?

An inch isnt exactly a large book.
wikipedia it...but yeah thats fine, as long as it's not an overly complicated book
Reply 5
If you're at uni, then to be honest, I think it's completely standard. It's a bit surprising at school, but really, I suspect you're exaggerating as to how thick it is in that case. Unless you go out for the WHOLE weekend, it shouldn't take terribly long. What is it?
Reply 6
an inch thick?
nah not too nreasonable if you care.
if it was some great beast like war and peace, then yeah that'd be harsh.
if you really don't want to, just read every other chapter and get a summary off the internet.
what book is it out of interest?
Reply 8
Well im doing A levels and i was out friday night and had sports saturday morning and saw a friend saturday afternoon. So i have today basically.
Reply 9
bluelou
Well im doing A levels and i was out friday night and had sports saturday morning and saw a friend saturday afternoon. So i have today basically.

prioritise?
Reply 10
Depends on the person. I can read a book in a night, so it wouldn't bother me much.
Reply 11
If you're fast enough you could read it before breakfast.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breakthrough-Rapid-Reading-Peter-Kump/dp/073520019X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232282335&sr=8-1

Faster reading is an essential skill IMO. It is such a time saver.
Reply 12
Well I have read books in a day that interest me a lot, so I guess a major factor is if the book actually interests you.
Reply 13
SunderX
Is it reasonable to have supervision classes scheduled every single weekend?

:P

Erm, you have no right to complain, you're at Cambridge. Unless you were joking.
Reply 14
commando
Erm, you have no right to complain, you're at Cambridge. Unless you were joking.

What? I went to Cambridge so I could have an unlimited license to complain :biggrin:.
depends on the book - if it's good, i'd have my nose right in it and finish it within like a few hours :biggrin:

i love reading

i don't get to read enough ):
Reply 16
bluelou

Oh come ON. Suck it up. Just do it. Your whole case falls down when we consider that you are on TSR.
Reply 17
An inch? That's really not that long
Doesn't sound like a big ask frankly.

Its hardly war and peace.
Reply 19
Don't do it. Lie and say you have, but for now go on a notes page and read the notes of the book, and then read it in your own time.

I did that for bell jar, and cuckoos nest, then got a b for my first draft of coursework, and i still haven't read them (:

Latest