The Student Room Group
Yeah :smile:
Reply 2
If you meet the conditions, you're in! :biggrin:
Reply 3
I live in fear about not meeting any conditions... ahhh D:
Reply 4
ok ok :smile:i'm certain now, probably i was just panicking 'cause unis give a lot of offers ,and, 'cause i'm still too thrilled :biggrin:
Reply 5
I know what you mean though. It always confuses me that unis give out way more offers than there are places. I know they expect some people not to meet the requirements, or to choose another uni, but what if, by some freak chance, everyone with an offer got the grades and chose that uni. What would happen?
Reply 6
steph_v
I know what you mean though. It always confuses me that unis give out way more offers than there are places. I know they expect some people not to meet the requirements, or to choose another uni, but what if, by some freak chance, everyone with an offer got the grades and chose that uni. What would happen?
They'd have to take them - their problem! That's why the offer to place ratio at Oxbridge is much narrower than it is for other places - they expect most people to accept an offer, and most people to meet the conditions of same. Other unis need to make far more offers to achieve the numbers ultimately taking up places.
Reply 7
i've got it now:smile:
i had to ask this,because i'm 100% sure that i want to study in UK,so i will not apply to universities in my country,or maybe just one:smile:
now you get my concern ,if my place in a uni was not sure,i wouldn't have where to go here:smile:
thx,nice community