The Student Room Group

NEED HELP! Critical Thinking A vs D in Chemistry?!

Hi! i'm currently studying English Lit,at A2 - Philosophy , Critical thinking and Chemistry - my problem is i'm only going to get a Max of a D in chemistry whereas in Crit i could get an A, i've emailed my prospective uni's and most of them will accept crit as an A2 towards the 3 a levels standard offer (AAB) - so should i just drop chemistry now and focus on getting an A on my other subjects? i haven't got any offers on ucas yet though.

Thanks for your help!

Ben
keep chem just keep trying but focus less on it
Reply 2
Yes, I would keep chem and Critical thinking. To be honest, Critical thinking often falls in the same category as general studies in that it's not respected and so no matter what the unis say on the phone, until you have the offer you can't be sure they won't sneak in the condition of excluding CT. In addition to this if you dropped Chem you would have to inform your unis and it could affect they way they look at your application.

Also when you say you can only get a D in Chem is that because of the UMS marks you already have not enabling you to get higher than a D or just you believing that you are not capable?
Reply 3
Well i got a D Last year, and the way my coursework is going it seems as if i wont achieve much higher. Also i find the subject ridiculously hard! i was also predicted a D so regardless it will not affect the outcome of the Uni's decision.

Thanks for the help, for now i think i'll stick with Chemistry until i get some offers then i think I'll re-consider dropping it.

Ben
Reply 4
coolh5000
Yes, I would keep chem and Critical thinking. To be honest, Critical thinking often falls in the same category as general studies in that it's not respected and so no matter what the unis say on the phone, until you have the offer you can't be sure they won't sneak in the condition of excluding CT. In addition to this if you dropped Chem you would have to inform your unis and it could affect they way they look at your application.

Also when you say you can only get a D in Chem is that because of the UMS marks you already have not enabling you to get higher than a D or just you believing that you are not capable?
Good advice :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending