The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Querimonious
Van Mildert? Yay, moi aussi, reading French and German.
Is there a facebook group yet, I wonder...

I was thinking the same thing! We're in desperate need of a Van Mildert potential freshers group. Trevs already have one, or so I've heard. If you set one up, I'll join it too :P
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
hey guys... so since everyones been asking for a facebook group i made one :biggrin: so join!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48030264389
Bubblegum23
hey guys... so since everyones been asking for a facebook group i made one :biggrin: so join!
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48030264389

Awesome! I've joined :biggrin:
paper dreams
Awesome! I've joined :biggrin:

same here :biggrin:
Reply 24
Hi - I have heard nothing from Durham yet, despite having applied to study Modern Languages (German + Spanish) at Van Mildert way back in early October....!! Why is it taking so long?

:biggrin: Am I alone in still waiting? I shall be joining the Facebook group if I get good news, of course! :smile:

mr_m
mr_maniac
Hi - I have heard nothing from Durham yet, despite having applied to study Modern Languages (German + Spanish) at Van Mildert way back in early October....!! Why is it taking so long?

:biggrin: Am I alone in still waiting? I shall be joining the Facebook group if I get good news, of course! :smile:

mr_m

Nope.
I'm waiting on Combined Social Science at Midlert, and I applied at a similar time.
mr_maniac

mr_m

Did you apply to Oxbridge? I know a few people who applied to Durham and are still waiting, despite already receiving offers from Oxford/Cambridge. But other people, who are arguably not quite so clever and therefore aren't Oxbridge applicants, got their Durham offers a while ago for the same course. Durham seem a bit funny about that.
Reply 27
We have a thread!!! I got an offer from VM for Theology =D
Reply 28
Yep, paperdreams - although I didn't get an offer from Cambridge unfortunately :smile:

Good; I'm not alone! I have a friend at Van Mildert who was shocked to hear that I still hadn't heard anything by this time - but what can you do? You can't make it go any faster so it's best to just get on with your life in the meantime - so I've found anyway :biggrin:

mr_m
Reply 29
lol, patience is a virtue or what?! I have an offer!!!! :biggrin:

it's on UCAS Track as 36pts with a 6 in German HL, which is brilliant! :biggrin: - the AES has updated, but says that my application has been received by a college, but that " A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details" - obviously I ought to trust the UCAS update over the AES, but it's whether or not I'm into Van Mildert which seems a bit unclear :smile:

Woohoo though!!! I'm ecstatic :biggrin:

mr_m
mr_maniac
lol, patience is a virtue or what?! I have an offer!!!! :biggrin:

it's on UCAS Track as 36pts with a 6 in German HL, which is brilliant! :biggrin: - the AES has updated, but says that my application has been received by a college, but that " A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details" - obviously I ought to trust the UCAS update over the AES, but it's whether or not I'm into Van Mildert which seems a bit unclear :smile:

Woohoo though!!! I'm ecstatic :biggrin:

mr_m

If the campus code on UCAS is V, your offer is from Mildert.

Congratulations!
*hi-fives Mildertians*
I'm offically one of you now :biggrin:
Reply 32
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv]']*hi-fives Mildertians*

WOOOO!!! Well done!! :biggrin:

And cheers Generic Hybrid - yes, it says "V" :biggrin: - I am so happy!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I know that it's hard to get an offer from such a top Uni, so I really appreciate this one :biggrin:

I can't wait to get my proper letter, with details (maybe) of any post-offer open day, so I can come and see the place!! I went to Durham (Van Mildert, in fact!) back in 2005 (for a NAGTY summer school) so I've always had a soft spot for it, ever since - maybe fate has brought me back!!

WOOOOOOOOOO :woo:

mr_m :biggrin:
Make sure you go on the Wednesday open day then! :biggrin:

-Well done on the offer mate :smile:
Reply 34
mr_maniac
I went to Durham (Van Mildert, in fact!) back in 2005 (for a NAGTY summer school)

I noticed on a table in the lecture room today someone had written NAGTY 2006 Maths summer school. Amused me muchly :yep:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv]']*hi-fives Mildertians*

*hi-fives everyone too* Congratulations! I have a good feeling about Van Mildert already, if only because the people on this thread seem generally awesome :biggrin:
^^We are xD

and I just got rejected from that deloitte thing, so VM all the way!

we should have a massive durham freshers meet before we go too :smile:
-WhySoSerious?
^^We are xD

and I just got rejected from that deloitte thing, so VM all the way!

we should have a massive durham freshers meet before we go too :smile:

I thought that Deloitte thing sounded pretty cool too when they came round for the talk at school... But then I thought I didn't want to be the one not experiencing the whole uni adventure when all my friends would be off having the time of their lives. So every cloud, and all that :biggrin:
Reply 38
Hey all.

WELCOME TO VAN MILDERT!!!

The astute amongst you will realise I have very few posts - I am no regular here. I keep an account here specifically for you very lovely and lucky people who receive offers for Mildert!

By way of introduction:

My name is Chris, I study Physics (currently in my 3rd of 4 years on the Theoretical Physics course) and I am one of this year's Open Day Reps. We Reps are a team of 22 devoted Mildertians who will delight in showing you the magnificent workings of our college and university on the March open days. So let's be clear. If you are invited to the open days (as every successful applicant is) - you ARE coming! This is not open for debate! I guarantee anyone would regret missing them. As well as being informative from a technical view, they are a brilliant way to get a feel for what life as a Mildert student is all about. If you don't love Mildert with your entire being (perhaps I'm being a touch melodramatic) before you leave, I'll eat my proverbial hat.

So anyways, in the build up to the open days, we will be beavering away like only an impassioned 'Mildert Ranger' can to prepare for you and make sure you guys have as awesome a time as we do. I'm not even joking - the open days are one of the highlights of the Mildert year for the reps. Mildert years have a lot of highlights though...

In the mean time, if anyone has any questions about life at Mildert, Durham, Uni in general, open days or x,y,z,... I'd be happy to take a shot at answering them. I'll try to check here often, but sorry if I take a while to reply.

I look forward to meeting you all,
Mildert!

Chris
Reply 39
hi, im staying overnight on the tuesday for physics
cant wait!

Latest

Trending

Trending