The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 1
pillay84
OK

I have only 4 days left till deadline and I have no idea of which college to go for.

I am applying for Social Sciences course at Department of Economics and Development which is located at Queen Elizabeth House. Any suggestions????

And why is there no option for Nuffield, Christ Church or All Souls?????? anyone got a clue??????

Pillay

Nuffield and Christ Church perhaps don't accept graduate applications for the course you're applying for. All Souls doesn't accept any graduate applications, full stop. Or undergraduate applications, for that matter.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
According to the LLM/BCL post, if there is only one applied field (which, I presume there is for your course as you are looking at the Jan 23rd deadline) then the most popular colleges are probably worth avoiding as they may well be full. One post explains how they were told that the application never went to their first choice college for this reason.

I think a lot of people don't put a great deal of thought into filling that part in because A) they don't really expect to get their first choice or B) they just want to get in.

Really, if you haven't been taken by any yet, I'd just put anything in and get the application sent in. Stick a couple of the more 'famous'colleges in if that is what important to you but generally, like undergrad, people don't necessarily go to the college of choice.
Reply 3
What is so bad about it?
Reply 4
Keble!
Reply 5
Karat
What is so bad about it?

I'm sorry, what is so bad about?
Reply 6
S_Dimelow
I'm sorry, what is so bad about?

That was in response to a somewhat cryptic post (which appears to have been deleted by its poster, though), which said something along the lines of "any college that isn't St Antony's is good".:dontknow:
Reply 7
hobnob
That was in response to a somewhat cryptic post (which appears to have been deleted by its poster, though), which said something along the lines of "any college that isn't St Antony's is good".:dontknow:

Oh, not that rubbish again. Thanks!
Reply 8
Look at which colleges have the most funding available for a person of your specific position. That might be a helpful indicator.

Latest