The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anonymous
No, lol. I'd prefer that we acted like civilised human beings with more than one working brain cell.

Ok fine true.
t

then change social groups mister two brain cell ...lol
Before I chime in my two cents worth, I want to tell you how I stumbled upon this web site. I was reading an article about Prince William visiting Australia where he told Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, 'I normally get the piss taken out of me, for my choice of music. ...'. I had no clue as to what he could have possibly meant, so I googled the phrase and arrived here. I must say after reading many of the comments written by others, I feel like I have come upon a striking dialect that no matter what the advice, saying it the way Y'all do, sounds like good counsel. I only wish that people here in the United States, especially in the south, spoke with such interest. Thanks to everyone, I have enjoyed reading all of your post and learned that taking the piss out of someone is not a medical term. Now, for whatever it's worth, here is my say. I remember many things about how people treated me bad and I am sure they don’t even remember the events, but always know that one day they will probably be living in a mobile home with three screaming kids, and an ugly wife as big as a bus and you will always know that living well is the best revenge.
Stop going out with them until they get the message, they sound like they're being complete *****.
Reply 103
Bang the ***** out u pussy hole
This thread is like 7 years old, thread is pretty much redundant now folks
Your friend is a sell out. Get busy with something else so you don't have to see those fools as much. I would say turn to exercise, but that might not be your thing, earn cash somehow and travel the world. Go somewhere on your own, If you are smart enough to go to university unlike me, then you can be smart enough to make new friends and engage in general conversations with strangers. I could spout off a load of motivational quotes from movies I have watched or books I have read over the years but you would clock em strait away and it would make this message a bit cliche.
Also not every female is as backstabbing as Alenax says.
If you can apply for a part time job, it would give you an excuse not to hang out with those boring idiots anymore, you also may meet a new friend in the work place.
I would personally exercise every day if you can until you look like someone not to mess with also. Climbing is a great all over body work out, but if all you can do is walk for now do that.
If they cross your personal boundaries over and over again they aren't friends at all!
If they cross your personal boundaries over and over again they really aren't friends at all!
That happens quite alot, I think it could be some sort victim aura you're giving off (not sure if that's been mentioned as I haven't read through all the comments)? Sorry if I've got that wrong. If I'm right, you might need to have some self respect and put yourself first. It might have to be situation where you make new friends. People only treat you how you allow them to treat you. I had a friend who just kept taking the piss out of me, I just decided I won't bother with him. Now it's like he's begging for my attention, but I aint interested.... He's got the message, I ain't putting up with his ********.
Original post by Humble1
That happens quite alot, I think it could be some sort victim aura you're giving off (not sure if that's been mentioned as I haven't read through all the comments)? Sorry if I've got that wrong. If I'm right, you might need to have some self respect and put yourself first. It might have to be situation where you make new friends. People only treat you how you allow them to treat you. I had a friend who just kept taking the piss out of me, I just decided I won't bother with him. Now it's like he's begging for my attention, but I aint interested.... He's got the message, I ain't putting up with his ********.

This thread's 10 years old I doubt they're still having issues :rofl:
Wow, I've just realised lol.... my bad! First time using forums, but still no excuse lol. Interested to see where they stand with their friends now though
I used to be the only one in my group being singled out and taken the piss out of. I would laugh along, which made them think it was okay and they carried on. One day they crossed the line and i went ****ing crazy at them, told them straight that they needed to stop or i would hang around with someone else. they stopped.
this is the exact same thing happening to me , and it’s my first day at school ( year 7 ) , like i really don’t understand , today they started rlly upsetting me by telling me my hair was too high , then i put it up again but tried to put it lower but about 3 strands of my hair went into my beans ( this was at lunch time ) and then they kept looking at me like i was an idiot , and then they moved away from me - jess was the only one who said do u want me to stay with you out of all 5 of them 😭 can’t believe it
it happened to me and I punched my friend so damn hard across the face and since then he hasn't insulted me and took the piss out of me in any way! sometimes violence is the way bud!
It’s simple. You’re hanging around with a bunch of *****. You don’t have to hang around with a bunch of *****. If you continue you’ll likely be their verbal punchbag for years. **** them off, go and find people who don’t treat you like that - you won’t miss them, trust me.
Original post by Misanthropiss
It’s simple. You’re hanging around with a bunch of *****. You don’t have to hang around with a bunch of *****. If you continue you’ll likely be their verbal punchbag for years. **** them off, go and find people who don’t treat you like that - you won’t miss them, trust me.

Do you do realise this is actually 10 years old
That sucks. Try and find some other friends before you’re too invested.

Latest