The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i ordered a maths book from the internet, waited like 2 weeks for it and when i get it its damaged!!!...will remember never to use them again :mad:

doesn't anyone have respect for books...seeing a damaged book depresses me:eek:....have to be pristine and unbent etc:biggrin:

Pk
Reply 41
Aitch

I've (nearly) read the Music of the Primes. I found it a bit too biographically detailed in places. I'd have preferred a briefer summary of the development of the thinking.
Aitch

oh i got that...the chapter on Ramunujan is quite bizarre - its really neat how the uni of madras rejected him, but yet Hardy saw his potential and took him to Cambridge, lol...i'll never understand that

Phil
Reply 42
Aitch
Simon Singh has done 2 series of programmes for BBC Radio 4: Five Numbers and Another Five Numbers. 15 minutes each programme - short and thought-provoking. You can still hear them on the BBC Listen Again pages:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/5numbers.shtml

Worth a listen!
Aitch

Only listened to the first 2 (zero and pi) they are quite good in places albeit a little over symplified even for someone who is yet to study maths properly.

Latest