The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Init4Beans
How did everyone find this exam? I thought the 9 marker was a good question, the last one was nice too. Hopefully i didnt do too badly.

Before people start asking where my answers are, I've been off school today with a cold. If anyone wants to pm or email me with the questions, I will happily produce some answers. Otherwise, you will have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry!
Reply 2
Here are the answers i got

Spoiler

Could be wrong on a few, might have missed some out too.
Reply 3
quite hard i think
Reply 4
Init4Beans

Spoiler

exactly the same
Reply 5
SSze
exactly the same

Same here, though I believe I had a rounding error on the last one and only put 11.4m - nevermind!
Reply 6
How did you guys do question 3) second part? Where it asks for the magnitude of the resultant force and stuff.

I had absolutely no idea :frown:
Reply 7
Andylol
How did you guys do question 3) second part? Where it asks for the magnitude of the resultant force and stuff.

I had absolutely no idea :frown:

You worked out the components in the part before..

You had 9N going up and 7N going right,

So you used pythag with 9-5sin30 as the vertical component of the resultant and 7-5cos30 as the horizontal component of the resultant and used pythag theorm.

Then just did trig to get the angle.
Reply 8
Pretty easy paper I thought. Compared to practice questions in my textbook anyhow. Got the same answers as you Init4Beans, but the aren't the answers to question 1 masses, so in kg?
Reply 9
nigel_s
Pretty easy paper I thought. Compared to practice questions in my textbook anyhow. Got the same answers as you Init4Beans, but the aren't the answers to question 1 masses, so in kg?

Oops, forgot to add some units, will do that now. Glad a few people have agreed.
Reply 10
I think I got the most/all of them the same as those answers above. Can anyone post the actual questions so that I can remember what I did? :smile:
Reply 11
nigel_s
Got the same answers as you Init4Beans, but the aren't the answers to question 1 masses, so in kg?

Technically it said "find the value of m", and the mass of the second particle was given as "m kg", so you don't need units. But are they really that fussy one way or the other?

EDIT: Ignore the previous comment about not discussing this...it's only Edexcel that we aren't allowed to discuss. OCR is fine. Yay for not reading things properly!
Reply 12
hmm.. why?
Reply 13
That was misread...that's only for Edexcel...
Reply 14
Init4Beans

Spoiler

I got the same, apart from the last question which I messed up........ I didn;t realise that Q stopped before the collision. Oh well :frown:

The 9 marker was a good question :biggrin:
Reply 15
What did people get for 5iii)? I got that it's Fig 2.
Fig 1: The gradient = the velocity; at t = 0, the graph states that v = 0, when it is actually 13.
Fig 3: The gradient is decreasing -> deceleration

So it's Fig 2.

I've dropped some marks on 4ii though :frown: I forgot to take into account the vertical component of the 20N force.
Reply 16
nuodai
Fig 1: The gradient = the velocity; at t = 0, the graph states that v = 0, when it is actually 13.

So it's Fig 2.

I've dropped some marks on 4ii though :frown: I forgot to take into account the vertical component of the 20N force.

I put Fig 1, because acceleration is an exponential function. Figure 2 was too close to linear for my liking.

Fig 3 showed deceleration.
Ok folks here come the answers ssze was kind enough to send me the questions.
Reply 18
nuodai

So it's Fig 2.

That's basically what I said.

Init4Beans
I put Fig 1, because acceleration is an exponential function. Figure 2 was too close to linear for my liking.

Fig 3 showed deceleration.

It's certainly not exponential. I think it's in fact a cubic.
Reply 19
there was like a equation v=0.8t^2, therefore at time t zero the velicoty must be zero so i put figure one aswell :s probaly wrong

Latest

Trending

Trending